Noob in help for a new system

Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 1
I already bought a pioneer DEH-P6800MP, and im thinking about buying subwoofers, im not sure of wich to buy, im thinking about kickers, punch or mtx
I dont know yet, that is why I want to ask the experts. i was really thinking on buying this "Kicker DCVR122", but im not sure anymore i want something cheap, but loud, something around $600-$900 installed.
I will be buying the parts online so i can get them cheaper :D, cause things as bestbuy and circuitcity are rip offs.
Thanks for everything

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3240
$$$$????Available.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3241
^^^Ooops.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 189
IF you can, return the DEH-6800...just tell em it was a present....and buy the Pioneer Premier DEH680MP for like 200 bucks and all you ahve to do is hook up 3 wires, and youll have 4 volt preouts, you dont even need to return the wiring harness, they prolly won't check....kinda shady though

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3242
^^^^Too close to bedtime.

Post Number: 2
Im kind of stuck with the HU plus i got a good deal, $100 new +harness adapter, kit for my car and free install, in my local store. a friend of mine managed the store, but he joined the army and got deployed
but please more info in the subwoofer system and amp thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 421
is that 600-900 bux with an amp? or is that just for subs?

also before we can say anything...what are you looking for? sq/sql/spl? (incase if you dont know what that is...if you want it to sound really good then u choose sq....but if u want it really loud with lotta bass...then you choose spl...if you want somethin between the 2 then obviously the sql...))

also how much space is available? what type of car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1157
That's installed Arslan... Meaning, well, installed. Anyways you can do much better than a 12 inch CVR for 900 bucks.

Post Number: 3
Well i will like sql, sorry for not pointing that up before, my car is an nissan altima 06, and to answer the other question that is 600-900,that is all the budget i have, installed 2 0r 1 sub, box, amp, everything needed, i will take it to a car audio shop for instalation, i mean
im not looking for something that will make me win a competition, just for something good that will last for a long period of time.
Thank again for everything

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
get a fi Q 15 - 279
amp - hifonics brutus-about 250-275 shipped...cause ur on a budget...you can find good amps such as kicker/ED/orion...but not for that price...
actually u can get a ED NiNe.1 for about 315 if u put in forum discount which so far u get a total of about 600 bux...
get some 0 gauge wiring for about 60 bux ...
that puts u up to 660 - 700 with shipping...

You can build yourself a box...or buy one for about 100 bux..if you build it yourself,,then it will cost u fraction of that,..say about 50-60 bux TOPS....

then u got 100 bux for installation...which i highly recomend u do ur self and learn LOL

no honestly...it would best if u did it urself..u would learn a ton and u woud save the extra 100 bux....
if u get charged more for installation....simply walk away lol

IMO the hardest part of an installtion if runnin the wires for me..especially thru firewall or something....but its really more annoying than it is hard (actually simple as hell..jus gotta bring wire from batt to back of car)

hope that helps..
good luck

also hope my figures are correct....they should be tho. :-)

Post Number: 4
I went Yesterday to a car audio shop. and the guy there offered my this 12" http://jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO1204BP&Language=ENG&Coun try=US&Region=USA&cat=LEN&ser=GTS
with its respective 300rms jbl amp for $600 Includin instalation cables and everything, is that good? i was thinking for dual subwoofers, but i dont know how would the sound would be different

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
no....that is crap
especially the bandpass box...they suk! IMO

jbl is an OK company..tho there is so much bettr out there...

did u even look at that long as$ thread i posted and that sub?lol thats an amazing sub for that price

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1221
2 is always beter then 1, big diff. more air moving.. install it yourself, and build the custom box to..

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
killa...i got a quest tho...if u get 2...how much big of a diff is it? i was told its only couple of db's? is that true?

sry ... i really dnt intend to hijak thread

Post Number: 5
yes, thanks for the info, i would like to install it myself,but i dontt want to break my car or something plus i dont know sh*t about electronic install, and how would i open my car side doors to install my amp... still i dont think i would go with the Fi Q 15", im looking for something more comercial and easy to find/fix/replace.
thanks for all the information, by the way were can i buy the materials for contructing the box and the equipment that i will need.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
the fabulous home depot

if u want sometime easy to find/fix/replace then jus stick with those alpine type r's or get some kickers or somethin

btw why would u have to open ur car side doors to install an amp? u can install an amp wherever the hell u want..jus more closer to the sub the better it is....

installing it isnt a problem..there are so many guides/videos/and ofcourse we are here to guide u....

tho i would still stick with fi
i got a question tho for u 'why' did u ever hear of FI before or is this the first time u heard of it? if u did, did u ever hear their subs before?

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
this is cheap.....if u want something pplz heard of

this is from Eric from the for sale section :" have 2 kicker L7 15's as well 250+ship"

check it out if u want

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
o yeah...when u go to home depot..ask them for 3/4 MDF...thats the 'wood like' material that u are going to be using for constructing a box...

1 sheet is going to be enuf for u and pick up some glue...go for gorilla glue or elmers wood glue....liquid nails works too

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1454
go with the FI

Post Number: 7
I have never heard the Fi my self, but for the information i read on the net, i can say the pound really hard, but i dont know, 259 buck for one subwoofer it seem to much for me, Im just looking for something like we say in spanish "Bueno, Bonito y Barato" "good, nice and cheap". by the way how much would it cost me to build the box, plusi dont have the tools to cut the box, but i think i can borrow the from a friend.

Post Number: 8
these are the kicker i was thinking about
http://www.cartronixplus.com/templates/detailnf.cfm?zq=95686885&uas=N&globaldesc =na&rnumb=771&wherefrom=SEARCH&whichord=31183&department=ALL&class=N&special=R&t ablegraphic=%2Fimages%2F&sold=N&nextrow=Kicker%20DCVR122SWdcvr122&prevrow=Kicker %20DCVR122SWdcvr122&nextprev=0&subclass=ALL&subname=na&pagename=Online%20Store%2 0%3E%20%20%20%3E%20ALL%20%3E%20&CFID=28964&CFTOKEN=853fddfc015b3b43-5F607D3E-902 7-14E6-E66AF01642883E04
for only 160 when the retail is 300 and i was thinking to power them with a kicker 750.1 amp, im looking for system in that range, or that I can get cheaper that retail. :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
50-60 bux.....

u will lub FI

BELEIVE ME :-)

Post Number: 9
ok then, this is my last post the i have to go to sleep :D
What kind of wire should i use for the Hifonics BXi 1206D ?
also what kind of box should i use for the Fi Q?
thanks for everything

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1016
knukonceptz.com - for the wiring. just get a kit that fits your amp size

umm... use a ported box for the Q lol. either build one or have one custom made. prefab boxes are sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3232
build one yourself definitly...have someone on here help you design one...and then its just following directions

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3584
kicker suxs man..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us