Should I put silicone inside my orion d5000?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 411
The tech at DD said they vibrate allot inside, about 1/2 inch and stuff gets broken inside because of it. He said to put silicone underneath the board to prevent vibration. Does anyone have experience with doing this? Is it dangerous?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1188
man i got a 2500d and its been mounted on my box, and hasnt hurt it. Make sure its screwed down tightly so it cant bounce around or anything.

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15 Inch Wanger Club Pr..., Il

Post Number: 770
if i mounted an amp to my box id put rubber under it... and the silicone in the amp doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2914
under the board does not seem to be a problem.. sounds legit to me

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2394
Never put rubber under the amp nore silicone in it. They use to provide rubber gromets/spacers for amps but quickly stopped it due to the fact it can amplify the airborn wave energy. If you want to assure it will be ok then get a secondary piece of MDF 3/4" or greater and screw it to the box before you mount the amp. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1223
how would silicone do that? silicon and rubber or kinda different though, i dont think silicone would effect it, most of any computer chips are made of the same base material.. but i dunno i think it wouldnt hurt it, silicone can stand really high temp. so wont even have to worry about it melting. Autozone has the right kind... clear or black..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2401
Silicone uses a solvent to allow it to flow freely from the tube, it can and may cause PCB degredation not to mention that it may still be able to conduct electricity, meaning that the silicone could short your amp out... There is absolutely no reason to put any foreign material other than weed in your amp! :-O Polo..

PS- Go ahead and say silicone can't conduct electricity, that all depends on the impurities contained within... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1014
fake boob_s may be electrically conductive... haha

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1224
ill take a piece of dry silcone and plug both ends into a wall socket and then arcross my battery terminal then stick a DMM to it just to find that out for you polo.. lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3586
silicon its not electrical conductive thats why companysput silicon ontop of the power supply on amps that has limited space so they can avoid to touch the heatsink
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us