10" subs or 15" subs?

seinfeld
Im deciding whether to put two 10" subwoofers or two 15" subwoofer in my explorer sport and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which to put in. I want A LOT OF BASS, yet I want them to respond well also. I listen to a lot of heavy metal and thats why I figured I would need a smaller sized sub to respond quicker, but I'm worried I might be missing out on a lot of bass not going with the 15's. What the hell should I do??? If somebody could give me some help I would sure appreciate it!

seinfeld
Im also searching through different brands, so if anybody could suggest some NICE 10's or 15's that would be G-R-E-A-T!

Anonymous
get the 15's and some good tweeters

Anonymous
why not 12 inch subs....

There's not a huge difference between two 12's and two 10's (just compare the frequency responses of the two), especially when you primarily listen to rock or metal. You are correct that two 10's will respond faster and be more accurate, but they are still big enough to provide a lot of slam. Also make sure your amp provides them with at least 75% of their RMS power rating.

Anonymous
Man if you whant alot of bass go with the 15". I would say go buy some kicker comp vr's 10's 15's i've heard both and they hit harder than anything i've ever heard except the L7's.

Derek
If you get two kicker solobaric L710's in a sealed box the bass will kick your a$$ and be clean.

Anonymous
i would go with two 12's, i have two 12's and i listen to mostly metal, and the double bass is killer. i know people who have 10's and they dont compare to my 12's. (i am using 2 kennwood db+ 12's)put them in a 3/4" thick sealed box, they will rock!

there are so many 10 inch subs that are very nice, and will be louder than any 12 you have heard. but it will cost you some money also. adire audio's 10 inch brahma will give you one hell of a punch, and if you get 2, and power them with the right amps. you may have the loudest system in your city. check out www.visionaryaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us