Q Box Question

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 304
I'm sure this has been answered, but I looked around the forum for a little while and didn't find anything. So, for a 15" Q, Fi recommends 2.8-4 cuft @ 28-33Hz. That's a pretty big range, so I was wondering what you all would suggest for a box size? I am thinking it would be run off of about 1200RMS and tuned pretty low, like 28-30Hz. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 420
how much space do you have in ur trunk?

also what car do u have?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 305
This is all planning...it will be a SUV of some sort, probably a Grand Cherokee so plenty of room.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 307
Bump...any help please???

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3214
3.5 tuned to 30

thats just what i plan to do

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 308
OK thanks. Any other opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 208
go 4.0 cu.ft feet tuned to 30 hz...i have a 12" Q in a 4 cu.ft. box and its handles that sh#t pretty good for a 12....but a 15 would sound hella nice in there tuned low!!! It will shake u apart!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 86
I'm getting a 12" and scott from FI suggested to put mine in a 2.2-2.5cuft and since i could not decide between a Q or BL he said to get the Q and tune it to 32. that way you still will feel the bass but you will get to hear it a little more and add a little more SPL to your sub. I can't decide if i want to go 31 or 32 but make sure you port it towrds the back and sub facing up. i can't wait to get mine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us