N00b in planning

Username: Janitor

Post Number: 6
I have been wanting to get subs for my car for a long time. I don't actualy think i will be able to afford them until sometime in the summer, but i like to plan ahead :-). I also would like a system that can beat my friends system (he tested at 126 decibels) but also sounds good and fairly cheap (around 500-700$ total amp, box, wires, subs). I've been looking around the forums and what seems to me to be some of the better subs would be something like an RE sx, or a Fi BL. but like im in all honesty a noob at subs. and don't realy know if they are even comparable subs. any suggestions on what i should look into/get eventualy?

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 301
126 will be ez to beat:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3202
I think even Pyle can beat 126dbs. What was he using??????????

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1094
very easy to beat. The RE SX or the Fi.BL will smoke 126 decibels. They are pretty compareble considering Scott Atwell designed RE's subs before he moved to start his own company (Fi Car Audio). You can't go wrong with either sub, and both will slaughter your friend.

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 155
i have an infinity 500watt home subwoofer that i have gotten just past 126 db

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3191
beating 126 will be a piece of cake my friend...your friend wont know what hit him lol

the BL is a very nice sub and throw 1k to 1.5k to it.
out of those 2, id get the BL and a kicker kx1200.1 amp for it..with a good install, you could be looking at about mid to high 130s but then again its impossible to tell that was just a guess...

Post Number: 7
alright sweet thanx guys! my friend has 2 12" Kicker CVR's in a ported box w/ some kinda pioneer amp pushin em.

Post Number: 8
btw im lookin at gettin one 15"...good choice?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3192
great choice...15"s are good if ya got the room

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 299
"you could be looking at about mid to high 130s"

Didn't someone hit 140 with a sealed Q??? A BL properly power with a ported will be louder won't it?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3545
a pair of phoenix gold octane z rated dual 2 ohm and with a Phoenix Gold Octane R15.0:1. and a prefabricated box ull be on the low 130 easily built your custom box and ull end up in the mid 130's easily and if yo use dampening nad you have a lil tweaking ur probably be reaching the 140's. and you dont have to spend alot of money less than 500 not even 350 for both shipped. and ull have the sound quality other drivers cant.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3193
yes ben but loudon did a hell of an install on it is what ive heard...he reall knows what hes doing...no offense to the guy up there, but i dont think his install will be on the level of loudons...but either way, he shold hit atleast mid130s, shuold be higher than that tho

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 797
i spent $825

15inch SSD with flatwind coil 229
1206D hifonics 249
Kenwood HU 170
wires 40
box 115

if you already have a decent head unit then you'll be in good shape to get some stuff

my system bumps pretty good. im lookin at gettin it metered this weekend so ill make sure to tell you all

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 300
That's cool. I was making sure I remembered right.

Silver Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 121
I have an orion xtrpro 15 in a probox with a 2000rms amp for 400 plus shipping if you want it.

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 799
ha said he wasnt going to buy till summer

Post Number: 9
ya im not plannen on buyin till summer but thanx tho =D. I've gota 2000 camry so there's plenty of trunk space :-) and what about an amp? i've been lookin at the HiFonics Brutus BXi1606D. is it a solid amp? or something that will disappoint me? what about the kx1200.1? appreciate you guys being patient w/ me =D

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3200
the kicker is a better choice. hifonics is a good budget amp, but between those two you'll get more power from the kicker. and better build quality. and better resale value.

Post Number: 10
will i realy get more power from the kicker? the hifonics is rated for 1600watts and the kicker is only 1200.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 415
kicker is underrated and hifonics is overrated....
kicker is a great amp...if it says 1200...you will probably get around 1400-1500 watts from that amp
it is better to save up and buy a great amp rather than jus buyin an amp that will be OK and possibly even make u regret buying it later on (lol...done that so many times and now ive learned)
the kicker would be a great choice expecially if you end up buying a BL and ofcourse you will smoke ur friends system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us