.......im confused!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 709
so my friend came to me with his system and said "my system bumps when im not moving but the second i start to drive it dosnt bump no more" i took a closer look at it and everything is wired fine...we got it on and it was working fine but then he put it in reverse and hit his brakes and the amp shut off.....no protect mode or anything just shut off......he did have reall really small power cable so i told to at least get some 4g ....hes got a DUAL amp 460rms and i doubt hes getting half of that but still he had PYLE 8g power wire.....thats the only thing i could think of .....anyone know what could be goin on?????

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 244
did he groung it to the tail light. One time I seen a guy ground his amp to the trunk hinge and when he shut the trunk the amp would shut off. I moved groung to bare metal on the floor and worked fine. Just a suggestion but you might want to get a volt meter and read the voltage on the power and remote wires when the car is in reverse or whenever the amp shuts off.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 198
Where is the amp grounded?

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
damn, sinful systems was thinkin the same thing and beat me to it

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Sorry I have a spelling problem today, but I ment to spell "ground"

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Sorry M.S. I had seen this problem before and thought it might help.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 710
he grounded it to a nice clean bolt under the seat so...could it be that tiny power cable???? just the way the amp just shut off made me think he wasnt getting enough current....

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
adam, that power wire doesn't have an auto-reseting circuit breaker on it instead of a fuse does it?

second thing to check: Take a small piece of wire and jump the amp's + terminal to the REM terminal and see if the problem persists

third: get a voltmeter and measure the DC voltage on the amp's + terminal when it shuts off. If there is 12+ volts then something may be wrong with the amp itself.

If there is no voltage then it's something to do with that power cable or ground...

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3520
why buy that sony cr@p when you can get crappier???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us