Just Another Amp-Wiring Question


Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 32
Registered: Jan-07
Sorry if this question's been asked before, but...I have a 4-ch. amp that can output both 4-ohms AND 2-ohms. I have 2 front door 6.5" speakers that are rated ONLY for 4-ohms. I also want to buy a DVC sub. How can I wire my amp to provide 2-ohms power to the front-door speakers, AND can I use a DVC sub (or am I limited to just SVC sub)?

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 35
Registered: Jan-07

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4038
Registered: Dec-05
DVC 4 ohm in parallel= 2 ohm.

Bridge the amp and you're done.

If i were you i wouldn't use a 4 channel to push subs and speakers. Get a lil mono amp.

Which subs do you have?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1158
Registered: Mar-04
since your 6.5's are 4 ohms your front channels are going to operate at 4 ohms. The only way to change that would be to get a pair of 2 ohm speakers. They aren't that common, but they ARE available.

As for the sub. You can bridge the remaining two channels to run a sub. Either an SVC 4 or a DVC 2 will work well.

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 36
Registered: Jan-07
What are some good DVC 2 subs ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us