Pyramids? Please, lemme know your opinions!

I have a Cerwin-Vega IT-15.0 15" 800W peak power, (2) - 12" Pyramid Imperial Gold 1200W peak power (Each), (2) - 6x9 Royal Red Pyramids at 600W peak power ((Each) going to be thru a 300W amp for each speaker), and lastly (2) - Jensen XS-2690 150 Watts Peak 6" x 9" Coaxial Speakers with Swivel Tweeter, and am going to be powering all (but 6x9's) thru a Pyramid Crystal 1800W 4-ch amp. havnt hooked up yet, and will probley get another, when I got the $. (Probley gunna go for the Rockford Fosgate Power 1051S amplifier on the Imperials, and a Rockford Fosgate Power 451S amplifier. But not yet) Wut u think itll be like? Also any help on how to set it up, maybe a diagram would be great, I havnt ever set up a system before I was going to have a friend help me out. Just drop me an E-mail with subject of Your System Info. wgd_81502_jmg@yahoo.com Thanks!

Anonymous
pyramid sucks monkey pole dude get rid of pyramid

yes, anonymous is right, pyramid is not really good at all. im not going to continue to blatantly piss on pyramid because too many people around here love it. if you know anything about car audio in general, you know not to buy pyramid if you want something that sounds good. this idiot from atlanta may have pyramids, and if they are as loud as he says they are? (im referring to the 150db) because there is no way in hell he got to 173, but anyways, they may be able to get loud, but they will not sound good doing it. i have owned pyramid myself 3 subs to be exact, and if i put more than 400 watts to either one of them (hyper pro, royal red, and imperials) there was so much distortion and horrible sq that it hurt to listen to. so to make a long story short, if you like horrible sounding bass, that may be able to get loud for a short amount of time, go with pyramid. but if you want bass that sounds good, and lasts years to come, you gotta pay money for it.

Anonymous
Im used to posting on caraudio.com which seams like a pro forum compared to this like wtf. HOW CAN YOU NOT know pyramid sux. Ask anyone who makes the shittest subs / amps/ ANY AUDIO equip out there it will be pyramid. Wanna know whats rl funny for hte money you pay to buy pyramid you can buy something else and it will be WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

EVAN
actually the only thing you can buy for the same price as pyramid is lightning audio and that is much worse. If you did not pay retail prices for your pyramid stuff, and are not totally rich, and could afford something better than you should be delighted with your pyramid stuff. totally throw away that jensen stuff though. imperials and hyper pros sound really pretty good with the correct enclosure, and power going to them. Although, they say they are 1200 watts peak, they probably are really more like 600 watts peak, I would give them no more than 300 watts rms

bob seger
yo i dont care what you guys say i saw this competion and the one guy had one 15" pryamid sub he said cost him $46 . but hes a vetern and must be a wiz at making boxes cause this guy with his one cheap $46 dollar sub beat 3 JL subs and amp.so i say if you know what your doing you can make anything sound good.

omfg. why must this be brought up a billion times? ANY SUB CAN SOUND DECENT IN THE RIGHT ENCLOSURE, EVEN ROAD GEAR. Pyramid sucks for the average person looking for good sound quality in a prefab box or easy to build box. period. stop bringing up the 3% of people that make pyramid sound good to back up ur crap system.

bill
http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/P03_Menu.htm

Dude Go here ^^^^ memephis is the $hit they slam and can take some power!

actually yesterday i just bought some memphis 6 1/2s for my car. got em on closeout for 60 bucks. not too bad at all and they sound great.

Andrew
I've noticed Derek in quite a few posts about Pyramid, and it appears he has a hatred of them, a bias if you will...
I'll let this post know what my pyramids sound like when I actually get them and install them (been waiting impatiently for the UPS guy to come dangit)

i bias would indicate that i have no reason to dislike them. go to any expert other than me in car audio and ask them if pyramid can compare to any onyx, JL, kicker, CV sub when put in a normal box.

i think pyramid is great for people with not a lot of money to spend. go for it if you arent an audiophile. if you want good sound quality and good power handling, go with something different. if you are running your speakers off of your head unit, pyramids will be fine.

Anonymous
pyramid has no balls dumbass jl audio w0 can beat any pyramid subwoofer ask anyone stupid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us