Pyramids? Please, lemme know your opinions!

I have a Cerwin-Vega IT-15.0 15" 800W peak power, (2) - 12" Pyramid Imperial Gold 1200W peak power (Each), (2) - 6x9 Royal Red Pyramids at 600W peak power ((Each) going to be thru a 300W amp for each speaker), and lastly (2) - Jensen XS-2690 150 Watts Peak 6" x 9" Coaxial Speakers with Swivel Tweeter, and am going to be powering all (but 6x9's) thru a Pyramid Crystal 1800W 4-ch amp. havnt hooked up yet, and will probley get another, when I got the $. (Probley gunna go for the Rockford Fosgate Power 1051S amplifier on the Imperials, and a Rockford Fosgate Power 451S amplifier. But not yet) Wut u think itll be like? Also any help on how to set it up, maybe a diagram would be great, I havnt ever set up a system before I was going to have a friend help me out. Just drop me an E-mail with subject of Your System Info. wgd_81502_jmg@yahoo.com Thanks!

DeLoit
First, sell the Pyramid stuff at the Flea Market and get some real equipment. You do realize Jensen is out if business.

Andrew
Pyramids are alright, according to some. read this post, its been going on for a while, and it explains a good lot about pyramids
link:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/579.html

Username: Aaron7

Post Number: 4
Pyramids are junk. You get better sound out of a retard banging on a folding chair. They use cheap materials, and the distortion is horrible. They also use a different measuring scale for the wattage, called PMPO. The same wattage system as used for 10000000 watt computer speakers.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 831
waste of money.
avoid pyramid, jensen, boss, legacy, american bass, and all of the other flea market brands.

Username: Aaron7

Post Number: 5
You forgot MB Acoustics, Kenford, Coustic, Pyle... etc. etc.

If it looks like a name brand speaker, or the name sounds like one, STAY AWAY!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 842
actually Coustic isn't all that bad for a budget product. That used to be one of the lines we carried.
Anything in the PowerLogic line or newer is good.
The old original black amps were about on par with Jensen though.

Anonymous

Honestly, I Think it'll sound like total crap. 4 6x9's, 2 12's, and 1 15, on a crappy amp. I think I'd sell ALL of the 6x9's, both of the Pyramid 12's and get a component set ( you'll have to save up, though, you won't get much for those speakers) and put the 15 in a good enclosure. If you can afford the Fosgate amps, though, you can afford to get a set of good components, Cerwin Vega isn't bad, But I'm not a fan of 15's. Do that, amp the components and sub and you'll be a lot happier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us