Is there a huge difference between two 10's and two 12's of the same sub??

Silver Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 173
i have a small truck and im trying to conserve some space so im just asking this one last time......is their a huge difference between two 10 inch fi q's and two 12 inch fi q's...i listen to rap and i do not know to much about how subs sound...will i really notice it..my friend has two 10 inch cvr's and it sounds pretty decent to me..and its in a car so less sound..but will the fi q's have better sq and spl with rap music then the cvr's??

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
please help and i promise no more thread jacking

Bronze Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 83
is there a big difference?? Well, if your going to compare CVR's, i have had a pair of each, and the only real difference is how much lower the 12's hit. Is it worth it to use a little more space to get the lower notes...definitely in my perspective.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10548
dont know about that particular model/brand but generally speaking cone area rules so u would def hear it more deeper\louder with 10s/12s in the same brand/wattage but since space is an issue u should lean more towards the 10s .......

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1881
a $70 sub vs a $260ish dollar sub, common. Really. So I will answer with a simple yes bc thats all you need to know. YES!!! happy =). and thats a honest answer too. get the 12's. thats if you got the room. meaning if your going to take out your seats to have a huge sub box there. well not that huge but kinda huge.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3118
Upload

if you cant fit 12's get 10's...if you can fit 12's, get 12's

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3141
get the 12"s in a 2.5cuft. box if you have the room.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 384
Please define "small truck". King cab? I've had every new small truck that i know of, and there is a big difference between a Isuzu and a Ranger. Plus one "powerful" 12 will sound better, and get louder than 2 chincy ones (in some cases better than 4 chincy 12's).

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3476
it will not be a huge diference 2 inches will make the sub go 2-4hz deeper and its not too noticable, only by the tl or numbers but the ears not, and louder expect .5-2dbs depending on your aplication on loudness

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 165
IMO opinion, I can Identify 2-12 over any 2-10's. They just have a different sound. More cone area, usually associated with more power handling capability, not to mention the the lower notes its capapble of hitting, go 12's !

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
i have a dodge nitroand the back truck is madd small...so what do i do??

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3155
please god get something. either a pair of 10"s or a single 12" ported.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3139
bobby, right now, take a tape measurer and measure how much room you are willing to give up L x W x H...come back and give us those measurments...we'll tell you if you can fit 2 12's...cuase im pretty sure you can

Username: Geno420

Middletown, Ct Usa

Post Number: 1
10's are useally a little tighter then 12's but not much. I have a set up that consists of 1 JL Audio 12w6 V1 and a fosgate 900watt amp that i am looking to sell.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2876
12s FTW... unless you have a very tiny trunk you can fit two sealed 12s"

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5866
Bobby, if space is a problem, do not get 2 12" subs. Instead invest in a better 10" sub and ported box. You'll be happier in the end. I'll give you an example, look at JL 10W7 in a HO box and 2 12" subs. Do a demo and see which sounds louder and better. Don't assume. You'll be surprised with the result.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2878
whoops.. meant truck lol..

well I see there is a lot of mixed feelings on this one.. how about you give us some box dimensions so we know what kind of space we are working with

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
so what about two 10 inch fi Q's.....are those top of the line sql 10 inch subs...are they as good as the 10w7's???

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 399
MEASUREMENTS!!! break out the tape, and tell us what your working with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5870
Bobby, it'll be pretty hard to beat 10W7 in a HO box. Go for a demo.
The only downside is the price. It's a bit high, but if it fits your car, then it's worth it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
so two 10 w7's is better then two 10 fi q's in sq and spl??????

Gold Member

Post Number: 5873
No you only need ONE JL 10W7 in a HO box. You'd swear there were 2 of them though. Gets that loud. I've been to the demo, your ear drums almost pop and the trunk rattle like paper.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
i didnt ask about one...i want to get two subs they are a lot cleaner and more precise then one...so are two fi q's better for sq and spl then two 10 w7's specially for rap and techno? or are they very similar???or are the fi q's mroe similar to the 10w6's???????

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
anyone please help??????

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3158
get the q's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2893
still no measurements... sigh

Gold Member

Post Number: 5878
Bobby, you really need to listen to JL 10W7 in a HO box. Don't assume 2 10" subs will sound better than 1 well designed sub & box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
so how bout 1 10 w7 in a ported ho box vs. a 10inch FI Q in a ported box..both subs have 1000 rms powering it...what has better sq??? and better spl??? and which is better for daily driving????which is just the better sub overall in every catergory say if the price was the same??????

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3194
i would take the q simply for the better sq. the w7 would be louder though imo. and since you said you don't want it extremely loud just get the q. it has great sq and impressive output for a sq sub.

please just get the sub already. you will never get the same answer from everyone because their is no "best" sub, everyone has different likes/tastes and the way they judge sq/and loudness. and neither is the "better" sub for daily driving cause what may be the perfect daily driver to me would be different than yours, which in turn would be different to the next persons'.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5899
Bobby, I told you many times via posts, go for a demo! That'll answer all your questions. Besides, I'm sure those sales guys would love chatting with you for FREE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us