Everyone Read This

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 216
Did anyone ever stop and think that some (most) of these "people" that always come here and ask for radio codes are thieves? Off the top of my head I can think of at least three people from this forum that have had their gear jacked in the past few months. And everyone knows how bad that experience is. People work hard and are proud of their gear, and put many hours and dollars into the concept and install of their systems, and to have some lowlife loser come along and take it all away is sickening.

I mean think about it for a second. Almost every single person that asks for these things are on their first post, just signed up seconds ago -- they never come back, they never say "hmmm this is a cool site and very imformative, I should stick around". And they all have some unique and clever story as to why they need the code. I bet you anything that a good percentage of these people are thieving as!wipes who come to places like this for codes because it is fast, safe, and easy.

I know Jenn and some others are only trying to help, and they do a great job and we thank them, but I say we make a new policy of telling them to get f!cking lost when they come here asking for codes. People who steal from others, and especially car thieves, need to have their heads caved in among other things. And for us to make it easy for them makes me sick.

I am mad just thinking about this now and I am going to go hide by my truck and kick the livin' cr!p out of anyone who suspiciously looks at it.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1580
good post i agree. why would anyone need any codes tho??

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3459
wat codes?????

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 218
Because most newer radios will reset themselves after a given amount of time after being unhooked from power, say an hour, or a normal amount of time someone would unhook their battery to work on or replace a part. They have an onboard battery or memory charge that lasts for the preset amount of time. Not all decks do this however. This was designed into the radios to try to stop theft of factory components. The thought being that a radio that had been reset would be useless to a thief without the code. And you (legally) would have to go down to the dealer and have them hook the radio up to a computer to generate another code into the radio's temporary memory. But this totally backfired because of forums like this one and azzholes that made dedicated sites just to list codes. Theoretically the dealer is required to ask for your car's VIN# to verify it is not stolen, but they usually don't bother. And all you need is the serial number that is attached to the top of the unit. Whoever thought of this whole plan is an utter f!cktard.

And if you think there is less money in stealing factory radios than Pioneers and Alpines, think again. A thief can only get 40-60 bucks for any standard aftermarket head unit, no matter how nice it is, but they can get a hundred or more for the factory units that are in very high demand from car dealers. And where do you think the dealers magically get all these "replacement" decks that they jack up customers for $400 bucks from??

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 157
Interesting .. . .. well I havnt gave any codes away, cause I didnt know they had any (LoL) .. . but yah, drill em first ! Any gaps, we can run them off ! ! ! CHARGE ! ! !

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2144
ive never seen anyone ask for codes...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3078
i see them asking over in the HU section...i never knew what codes were used for tho

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9013
if they dont get them here they will get them elsewhere! I know it sucks but thats the way it is!:-( Your heart is in the right place though:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3152
It's kinda like the same thing with the pawn shops or fea markets. You look around at all the stuff that is, face it, mostly ripped off from someone else, and you see the proud look on the vendors' faces. They know what they're contributing to and enjoy profiting from it. I look around in amazement and see nothing but cut wires and scratched off serial #'s. Pathetic.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 507
informative post...i woulda been very hesitant to give mine away if som1 had asked...but it's nice to know wassup.

it's like my over-protective dad used to tell my sister when she was goin out on a friday or saturday night... "Live it up, just don't give it up"

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9018
exactly Paul!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3471
pit cull are you killa???

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 374
I hate car audio thieves! I've had a couple systems stolen from me after dropping a $1000 or better in them. Like john travolta in pulp fiction says "it would have been worth him doing it, just to catch him". A friend of mine mounted razor blades on the back of his box. someone tried to steal it and cut his finger. He left the box. I dont have to worry about that though this time. They'll need a plasma cutter to get my stuff out.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9036
nice:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us