Is it ok to.....

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1161
Is it ok to have spl oriented box with 2 subs in it with only one hooked up... because both subs still move and all does the sub without the power get harmed at all? Or would that just help break the subwoofer in? The reason im asking is because if it would harm the sub i wouldnt want to put it in the box with the other although i would need somthing to cover the cutout, or i would have to build single boxes... instead of building the dual cabin which would be a hella lot easier then that with the design i am planning. I wont be able to power the other one for another month or 2. Or i could power them both but im not sure on how stable my amp would run at 1 ohm, DVC 1 ohm dd9515's with 750rms@4ohm each or 3Krms @2ohm on one sub.. until i get the rest of the upgrades.... i am thinking run the one subs with that power and let the sub sit in the other cutout..just really wanna know if it would harm it

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 976
I would say the sub without power would act like a passive radiator and put out sound at it's FS.

As for hurting it, I don't know.

A Passive Radiator

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1165
yea thats what i figured i have a blown PA with a different combing on it using it like that with my current setup until i get that stuff next month. it sounds wierd at some freq. tho like it is rattling against the motor thats why i wondered.. but i wasnt sure if maybe the combing i put on just wasnt str8 enough.. are passive radiators really any help in a ported box though? i thought they really only do much in a sealed enclosure. but it does do a tad.. with what i have.. lol

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 977
Yeah just sealed usually. They give the opportunity to tune Ultra-low chuf-free..Whoo!

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1167
maybe ill get some when i get a car and go with a SQ setup, but for now im working on the blazer the SQL\SPL setup :-D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us