12" rl-p ported box help!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 50
ok could someone please draw me up some plans for a ported box for a soundsplinter rl-p 12? i can build the box and everything i just dont know how the hell to use all these ported box calculators. i would like something that is like 1.5 cubic feet without really any limitations in size except like 15-16 inches tall would be nice. prefferably shorter and out forward to back more. i would really appreciate it if someone could give me some good deminsions/plans to build a box tuned to around 34 hz would be awesome. thank you a ton if you can help me.

specs found here
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp12_premium_series_12_inch_DIY_subwoofer_informat ion.html

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3097
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=24.2&V d=.18&NumW=1&Vb=1.5&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
hey man thanks a lot. that looks kinda strange though with all those different chamber looking things. i thought you just put a piece running along the back and then cut a 90 degree turn out the front of the box. i guess there is more than one way of doing it. will either one sound different? easier to build? thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
anyone know the difference between these two box types?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 467
There is nothing between the two box types excpect that the maze type is there because the port needs to be longer than if the port just went along the side and back wall. If you made the port area smaller you could get away with a shorter port so that you do what you are talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 468
Here is a design the one you would like. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=27.5&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=10&V d=.18&NumW=1&Vb=1.5&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
ok well i just went with the first one. thanks for that second one that is what i was thinking it was supposed to look like but i guess you can do it different ways. will the first one sound better/ be louder than the second design? thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
ok i built it and got it in and it sounds amazing. yea i am lacking the sound quality i had before, but still great and it is so much louder. ill post some pics of it as soon as i can. o yea question. im pushing 960 watts rms or at least thats what the amp is rated to it. i have the bass boost off and the gain low on it now, but how high could i turn it up before i risk blowing the sub. i dont want to go too far and blow it. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3130
get a dmm and set the gain. personally i don't use bb, at most i've only turned my last amps' bb up to 2 out of 18.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
ok i dont have one of those i might just take it to a car audio shop and ask them if i could set it there. yea i dont really use the bass boost on my amps either.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
god i am truely amazed with this sub. i love having it in the ported box it is soo increadibly loud and still sounds great doing it. i would highly recommend getting this sub and if you already have one put it in a freaking ported box. you wont be dissapointed. o yea guys here are some pics of it progress shots and completed product. check out my photobucket. that is my car before and after and just forget about the other stuff haha its my salt water tanks and a cage i built for my leopard geckos. somewhere in there is my box though haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us