Car deck help

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 694
well i just instaled a new deck in a friends car and i have everything hooked up right and then we went out driving and it was playing really scratchy and then we stoped and turned the car on again and then it worked but it did not play anysound. i need some help here

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 42
You must have your speakers incorrectly wired. The scratchy sound was mostly likely caused by a bad connection between the speaker and the head unit. Did you solder the connections?

Silver Member

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 695
no i did not how do i fix that if it shows its playing but no sounds comes out

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 43
Are the speakers running off the HU or an amp? I was assuming they were running off the HU in my previous post.
If they running of the HU then unhook the speaker wires and check one speaker at a time. Make sure its working correctly and then solder the connections. Once soldered, cover them with electric tape.
If they running off an amp, check your RCA connections.

Silver Member

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 696
ok well they are running off the hu and we unhooked it and did it again and its the same

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 45
Are your sure that they are connected to the correct wires?

Silver Member

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 697
yea 100 percent i doubble checked and it was working b4 and then it was scratchy and i asked if it was like that and he said yea but not that bad with the org hu and then we stoped like i said and then it was out

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 46
If your 100% sure on the wiring, then im guessing something may be blown in the headunit.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 399
what head unit do you have? and what wires did/didnt u connect?
also did u try different cd? possibly a scratched cd cause my cheap sony headunit in the van does that sometimes..

Silver Member

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 698
well im not the one who installed but it was my frind and im gunna try to finish this post........theres 2 orange wires that arent connected......i never accually heard it work so idk about the scraching but its a cheap jvc deck and it worked 2 days ago in a different car sooo idk whats up????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us