INFINITY PERFECT

Username: Anthony87

Post Number: 7
ive got an infinity perfect 12vq sub but have recently taken it out of my car and would like to know if there is any way of using it with my home stereo?? if so what would i need to do it
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 166
Is it the 12 vq or the 12d vq? If its the 12d vq you can wire it to 8ohms. Most home audio stereos are 8ohm.

Why did you take this sub out of your ride?
If you want to get ride of it, I might be interested in it.

Post Number: 8
its the 12vq. isit still opssible to use on my home stereo. ive connected it up before just to check it but pumps out no where near what it should. just about moves lol. took it out of my ride cuz it just couldnt handle the power.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

Notre dame!USA

Post Number: 226
couldnt handle what?? 300 rms?

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 103
Car audio subs tend to have a higher FS(resonance frequency) then home woofers do. It is much easir to pressurize a car with tones below 30 hertz then it is a house. Most respectable home subs are tuned between 16 and 22 hertz. Sometimes as low as 14 hertz. As we know, a good sql tune is around 28-35 hertz, depending on your tastes. That infinity most likely has an FS of around 30 hertz.(just a guess). It will have problems pressurizing the room you put it in, b/c as it starts playing below its FS, the drivers impendence rises sharply.

Post Number: 9
have connected it to home amplifier before but does not give out bass anything like in my car. isit due to the difference in voltage?? do i connect it straight to the amplifier or do i need something else??

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 104
Your best bet is to build a ported enclosure tuned to 20 hertz. And get a plate amp(partsexpress sells them), the plate amp will have a cross over.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 173
It needs to be amplified at about 500wrms @4 0hms.

How much power were you givin it in your car? Those things can handle more than what they are rated for.

Let me know if you want to sell it.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 174
And nick is right, it will need to be in a proper enclosure for it to sound right.

Post Number: 10
i had it running on a kicker impulse IX2302
ive run it from my home amp but i hardly hear a difference in bass. why is my home amp not pushing it. isit not powerfull enough?? its in a ported enclosure dunno wot its tuned to tho

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 195
So you were feedin that thing 700wrms? Wow

What are you tryin to power it with in the house?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
is that how powerful that amp is. just checked my amp at home and its only 200w. is that why its not pushin it. its also running 2 big mission speakers off that. do i need another or better amp if im gonna use the sub??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us