Install Help Please...

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 496
Now that i finally got rid of my crown vic for my new Jeep, i can start putting in my system...I'm not very experienced with installs but i'd like to learn this time around by doing everything myself if possible...

...i'm looking at grabbing a Pioneer Premier 680mp HU in the near future and i'm wondering how difficult it really would be to un-install my JGC's current cd player, and install the pioneer HU...

...will i need to get any tools/accessories/wiring that DO NOT come with the pioneer HU?? Is it gonna involve taking apart the whole front dash in my jeep? or is it pretty basic???

like i said i'm a total newbie to this so feel free to give me even the most basic of info/tips...thanks!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3274
ur gonna need a phillips head screw driver
something to pop the panels safely thats around the head unit.
and a wiring harness for ur year of Jeep
heres a vid on how to
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-zIIDxyFDrz3/learningcenter/car/car_stereo/in stallation_video.html?movie=receiverinstall&format=mov
your pioneer MIGHT come with those DIN things to pull the radio, if not, walmarts got em for like 6 bux

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
i can get a 680mp new on EBAY for like just under $200, crutchfield's sellin the 680mp for $220 but you get the master sheet with all kindsa install info. + wire harness + In dash receiver kit all for free with that price...seems worth it for an extra $20

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3275
yep it really does, and if you look at it, crutchfields stereo prices arent that bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
thanks havoc...anyone else, advice? potential problems to look out for?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1562
I installed that unit in my honda civic. i bought off ebay, also for just under $200. it was pretty easy to install. many people on here have jeeps hopefully they will let you know if you need to take apart half your dash or not.

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3277
trust me dude its easier than what ya think.
it can just be time consuming popping panels off.
popped

Bronze Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 70
its even more time consuming when you find out that the factory harness isnt there and you go by a wiring diagram that turns out to be wrong. and then you end up turning the fade n balance to one speaker and hooking up wires til you get that one playing. sounds like you got the stock radio tho so you're fine lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
don't think i have the factory harness...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us