Door comp setup. BernyMac

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1843
I finally got around to working on my comps. A set in each door.

Upload

only one picture but don't trip.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 868
will be loud cant wait to hear it ;)

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11250
damn.....nice work...bet that will be loud

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1844
their nice, but I have to set the gain on the comp amp right so I can get max power out of em.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9755
so did you hear it. looks sick. two sets of speakers on each side is awesome. you da man berny.

i'll see you and spl in a couple of days. i can't wait. i want to hear your system so bad. lol.

btw did you get the other amp?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1845
no other amp....so most likly will only be running 2k. Which is okay with me but not with you guys lmao. My HU doesn't skipp if it doesn't fit in so tight into the dash. and when I put it back in it still didn't skipp. and then I put the radio bezel back on and it started to skipp again, but at higher volumes.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1155
Berny i know how that is everytime i bought a Kenwood, and top of the line kenwoods at the time... i would get about a month or 2 before they would skip at any high volumes.... get a HU that takes USB and get a 2gb drive... never skips so nice :-) and clean to!!! those are allowed into comps right? lol

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1846
I'm going to higly think about that. But I found the source to why it skips. If my stereo kit locks into place onto my car, I guess the bass shakes up the dash so much that it shakes the radio with it. So when I unlock the stereo kit and leave it hanging loose a little bit, it doesn't skip. I'm going to play with it a little bit before the comp and see sup.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1847
oh yeah, and after installing the passenger components, the components get loud! I think I can turn the gain up a little bit more, but I'll do so once I use a dmm to do it correctly, in the meantime it gets loud and doesn't distort so it should be safe from clipping. I just got back from a 30 minute drive and I feel relieved

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2844
berny.. i hate to hate on your setup but your tweets shoulda been put in your a-pillar firing towards the windshield :-) .. other than that .. nice :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2847
no bump for me

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3273
cdt components ftmfw.
nice berny nice

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10520
looks nice man

but y didnt u hide those xovers behind the upholstery or somewhere else since its not really eye pleasing to be seeing those

but A+ for effort ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
<--- still would have mounted tweets in a-pillars firing into the windshield for better staging :-):-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9757
i'll be able to hear that bad boy tomorow. i have a feeling his car is going to sound awesome. after all it bernymac.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1849
thanks for hating mr aahole kev =) lmao. jp. Anyways, I asked this question online once and people said dont mount them any farther than 6 inches of the mid range speaker. and the a pillar is so far away. they said put it near the mid range as close as possible so thats what I did. it still sounds awesome, if I knew how to eq it, it would sound even better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2854
idk who told you that but thats not true :-)

your want to bring your staging so it sounds like the sound is coming from the middle of the dash.. hence why the tweets going into the windhield.. this creates the affect that sound is coming from there.. not to mention kick panels to angle the mids towards the ear but you can'd do that now..

at the local SPL comps they also do SQ comps.. and well ive never seen a car not run a tweeter up on the pillar somewhere :-)

im sure it sounds plenty good though

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3684
thats partially correct. i am in NO way an expert when it comes to speakers, eq, and staging but most sets like to have the tweet within 6 inches of the mid. however, it depends alot on the crossover point and many other things. CDT actually has sets that come with "upstage" designed especially for A pillar tweets or dash mounted tweets. some are very picky while others are not. my JL VR comps sound fine with the tweets in the A pillar... and 2 sets is overkill berny lol. you coulda put a 4 inch set in the kickpanel... but all things considered....awesome! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us