Building the box this weekend!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 75
Ok all the details I have a 2003 highlander. 190amp alt, Kenetik 1800 for the back, Q12", kicker zx1000.1, my box is going to be 2.5cuft tuned to 31. now to put the sub on top or face it to the back. my car is a lot like a 4-runner.

here is my box what do you think? http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30.5&Eh=19&Dia=6&Xmax=27&V d=.16&NumW=1&Vb=2.5&Fb=31&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 869
thats cool. looks alright, i woulda gone a little higher tuning but its ur opinion, and for that amp u wouldnt need all those upgrades but its always good and safe.. and i would do sub up port back

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
come one guys more ideas please top or back of the box!!!! and when you make the box do you need to use wood glue on the port pieces too? i can figure out how to wood glue on the bottom of everything but when i put the top on i can only figure out how to glue where i can reach through my sub hole and port hole.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
one more question do you wood glue very last?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 657
something that would help lessen any port noise would to buy some 2.5 inch pvc and make little "half pipes" in the corners of the ports and fill it in with epox or resin and then remove the pvc when it dries. sand and your good to go

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10522
u mean u want to know how to assemble the box ?

assemble all the other pieces 1st & then u put on the top/bottom last making sure every piece lines up properly

yes glue ALL parts together

if u want some basic box ideas http://www.diysubwoofers.org/ or www.the12volt.com site has step by step instructions & pix ......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
no i understand how to assemble the box i just don't know how to glue that middle port on the top, because like you said assemble everything than more than likely ill add the bottome and glue everything but when i add the top i wont be able to reach some of the top parts that i need to glue. plus chime in on where to put the sub on top or facing the back.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3686
common SUV setup is sub up, port back.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 934
Lol if I ever got a car sub I would probably tune it at like 2 hz with a sub that has a fs of like 20,000

That would be stupid! It'd be more like a tune of 15hz with 2 TC sounds LMS 5400's HEHE. Yeah I've heard higher and lower tunes and I've found I prefer extra low tunes. Sorry I'm bored.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us