Need help with wiring

Username: Torn

Post Number: 1
I am currently running 2 12" infinity kappa perfect single voice coil subs on a audiobanh a8002t amp i wired each speaker to each channel and was wondering if i could wire it a way for it to be louder than it is now, i bridged them both to this model amp before and it was very loud for a moment but the amp got fried. can someone show me a guide if theres a better way to wire it up? and another question when i connected the remote bass controller to the amp it was slightly not as loud before and also when i turn the cd player or change tracks my subs now makes a small thump noise wich i never had before i installed the remote, remote blue led light isnt on either but remote bass controller works, any reason why this is happening?. advanced Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11247
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Post Number: 2
I am noob I dont understand that seen wiring configs on the sites but dont know what that means explain all questions in worded response clearly please.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 152
Ya, but you would need to know the impedance of each woofer, if you can get back with me on that, suggestions can be made. It sounds like you dont have them briged right now. You can double your output if you brigde them. But before you bridge them, find out the impeadance of each sub. If you dont know, look at on the back(where the magnet is) of the sub. There is a + & - prong yes ? Well if there is a total of 4 prongs, (2+'s & 2 -'s), then you have DVC. From there, you would still need the impeadance to further you situation. If you cant tell, just shoot us the model number.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8926
they are single 4 ohm, and the reason you blew your amp is because audiocrap is only 4 ohm bridged stable not 2 ohm. You bought the wrong amp for those subs. The only way you can wire them is the way you have it now off of that amp which is giving you 200x2 which is more like 125x2 from that amp. If you want to get them moving get a amp that does 800 watts @ 2ohms mono and you will hear a world of difference.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 155
And there you have it . . ..

Post Number: 3
i went to 2 stereo places and they told me to bridge them as follows, basically run the wire as follows + of one channel to one side of speaker and - to other speaker terminal, the amp should tell where the bridge point is, then take another wire from the + to the - of the other speaker terminal and voila done. But problem now is my deck is skipping and light dim when i turn it up, would a capacitor fix this? and what amp would anyone suggest to run these speakers to have ear poping bass? myspace.com/tornmien go there to see pic of my setup speakers are single voice coil 4 ohms i beleive 12.1 series

Username: John_mcdon

Post Number: 9
This is how i paid for my kicker subs and xplode amp

No lie!!!

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=167278

Get started today!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us