Over powering subs??

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 104
I have two 12" kicker compvr's and a lanzar vibe 286(4000w). Is it possible to over power them with this amp?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3081
no. it's 2x300wrms @ 4ohm and 2x450wrms @ 2ohm. i don't think you'll see 300wrms a channel.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 370
o sh!t !!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
bah nm...ctmike got here b4 me

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
ya i figured the numbers were low, cheap amp. but i didnt know anything when i first bought it. what amp would be good to buy for these subs to power them good?? kx1200??

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
also, if i added a 15" compvr, how much power would i need to power all three, and would i have to get a high output alt. ?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3083
what's the vc of the subs? and a budget?

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
ya that would be a good match...tho recomended power for a cvr is bout 500 watt rms and those kicker amps can push out more than what they are rated,...so im guessin for that 1200.1 u prob get like 1300wrms or more

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
ok, thanks, but if i had that amp powerin my 12's, and if i gotta fifteen, what would be a good amp for the 15. and would i need a high output alt. ?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3085
with a kx 1200.1 and another amp at about 500w plus what you have for speakers, i'd say it's a good chance you might need a ho alt. but why do you want to add a 15" cvr with the 12"'s? i wouldn't, it wont sound to great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
if u get one cvr 15..u would be overpowering by a mile....but if u wanna add a 15 with 2 12's then u would be alright...tho u wouldnt be getting the full juice outta the cvrs...

but it would be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
well, exactly how much underpowering would i be doin if i had all three subs ( 2 12" and 1 15" ) on that amp. also, would there be another amp, thats not to pricy, that would power all three good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
and ya ctmike is correct..wouldnt sound to great if u do 2 12's and 1 15...how many amp alt u got right now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
alright....if u want all powerd best...u need atleast 1500 watt rms....that kicker would prob give u around 1300...and if u gonna amp ur highs up that would probably cause some dimming in ur lights

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3087
you can expect more than 1300wrms from the kicker, mine was benched at close to 1500wrms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
ok, addin the 15 was just an idea. nvm that. i want to power my 12's better, so the kx1200.1 would be good. and where can i get that as cheap as possible. also, im lookin to gettin a new box. i cant build one due to lack of materials and wood workin machines. i was havin alex farris build me one, but that never worked out. do u guys know where i can get a good pre-fab. box for my kickers for a ford explorer? i have also checked into spkrman.com, but i havnt gotta quote back yet.
Im sure ur right, but just curious to know why a 15 wouldnt sound good with the 12's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
go to ebay.com cheapest prices there
good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
hey, i have 4 0hm subs, will this amp match up with them?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3088
yes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
yes..they will be powerd at 2 ohms so u can get full power outta the kicker

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3090
actually it'll be 1ohm since cvr's only come dual 2 or 4ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
k, thanks alot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
ya but for that amp...shouldnt he get the dual 4 ohm? or would it be dual 2 ohm? lol im confused at this part right now...if u get a dual 4 ohm sub..then u wire it at 2 ohm correct? but if u get a dual 2 ohm sub..then wiring that would be at 1 ohm? correct? and if im correct...the kicker amp isnt stable at 1 ohm....but if im wrong about the wiring sub part...pllllease correct me coz dat confuses me once a while too lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
sry..first line meant 'ya for that sub'

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3091
kx line is 1ohm stable, so is the sx line. the zx line is 2ohm stable. he said he already has the subs and said thier 4ohm subs (but the only kicker subs that come single vc is the comps) so that must mean he has dual 4ohm cvr's. which means he'll be wiring it to a 1ohm load. and your right about the wiring part you posted, but only for single sub setup, he has a pair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
alrite thx for clearing dat up :-) thought he meant the zx (dats wht i had 750.1 so i was referrin to that)

but i do need one mroe thing to get cleared up....how do u wire a 4 ohm sub to 1 ohm load? is that the series vs parallel part?

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 986
Just get a kx1000.1 for those 2 12s... or the 750.1 would work well too depending on the birthsheet

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 867
750.1 should be fine, i had a 1000 watts on 6 10" cvrs and they hit fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us