One BL or Two L7s

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 69
The BL would have flatwind and cooling. both choices would be ran by kicker1500.1 and both would be ported. 12"

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11234
what are u asking??which would i rather have?? Louder?? sq?? what??

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2934
i hate L7s...are you going for just spl?

but same size, same power, cone area ftw

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3683
BL all day. I'd never buy an L7....2L7s would beat a single BL in SPL though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
i want to keep SQ but i want some SQL!! i heard a L7 today and it shook the store

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
SPL sorry

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2940
if you want pure SPL, l7s would be the way to go much to my dismay but go for it...2 l7s will be louder than 1 BL off same power

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 745
how can u say itll be louder?

have u heard a bl nope .. no one has so u cant fully answer this question

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2942
2 12" L7s vs 1 15" BL off same power...i would tend to guess that the L7 is louder...now i dont know this for a fact of course...if it were me, id go BL all the way cause i hate kicker subs but w/e

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 752
x2 id get the BL but i hate kicker subs.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2836
for the price not much can beat L7's spl wise, although i would get a BL just cause the build quality has to be A LOT better.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 369
hmm...i had kicker and it gotten stolen...i personally advise u to stay away from it lol....i really didnt like the sub...it would get loud but there is sooo much better
im actually happy that it was stolen so i can get myself a 15"BL or somethin (and hopefully become a 15" wanger ^^)

do u have an option to get 2 BL's instead of 2 L7's? btw how much are u gettin the l7's for?

Bronze Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 79
get in on the BL craze why you still can!!!..lol

Bronze Member
Username: _jw_

OH

Post Number: 47
I hate to break it to you Fi nut huggers but...2 L7s would kill 1 of those subs in output(SPL). Cone area wins 9/10 times....

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1021
so pyramid 15s would beat a 9512s? legacy 12s would beat SSX 10s? work on your math JW

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3694
well he did have the 2 L7s will probably beat a single BL right lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
what does the big 3" upgrade mean?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 948
"Definition: the "Big Three" upgrade means improving the current capacity of three cables: 1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis. Some people replace the factory wiring; others add additional cables to the factory wiring. This instruction is to add cables to existing OEM wiring."

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3022
how much does it cost to have the big 3 done at a shop? rough estimate...

Bronze Member

OH

Post Number: 49
"so pyramid 15s would beat a 9512s? legacy 12s would beat SSX 10s? work on your math JW"
-----------
We are not talking about fukking pyramid or legacy, We are talking about L7s and a BL. In THIS situation the L7s will get louder..point blank period. End of discussion.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3101
"how much does it cost to have the big 3 done at a shop? rough estimate..."

near me, about $40-50 if you already have the wires.

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 760
JW yanks already stated that the L7 would beat the BL we dotn care. we hate kicker. subs that is.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 754
why do u guys hate kicker subs?

solo x's are beasts ... i doubt many of u have heard one thats why ur hating on them .. powered and enclosed properly will beat alot of woofers ... and they can be had for under 350 ... and will defintely come close to a btl in spl output

l7s - hands down best spl su
b for the money ... build quality isnt great sure ... but if someone wants an spl setup on a budget ... wheres the problem? ohh for all of u that say they sound terrible ... they really are that bad. . plus sq is subjective to the ear ne ways

cvxs - are solid sql woofers .. nothing more nothing less ... can be had for under a 100 bucks ... ebay and used car audio sales

cvrs - are one of the best budget woofers out there ... under 50 dollars in some places. .. decent sq .. moderate spl ... build quality is solid

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3025
thanks ctmike...

and mike, i havent heard the solo X, yor right, but i never said anything bad about them...

honestly, i dont like kicker subs at all, imo they sound bad and i hate the look of them...just personal opinion. i have heard l7s and cvrs, didnt like either of them. sure the l7 got loud, no doubt, just dont like it. hate square subs...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3696
solo x > BTL in SPL
atleast i havent seen any numbers from btls that are close to solo X yet. but these are in very good installs...

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3282
i agree with mike.
local shop is hittin 170 with a single solo X 18 and 2 hifonics maxximus.
id put a solo X up with a btl in spl, i wouldnt mind at all.

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 767
some of us like good sounding bass. any woofer can go thump thump we liek em to go bump bump. and who wants a sqaure sub anyway. its all opinion go get an audiobahn

Bronze Member

OH

Post Number: 51
"JW yanks already stated that the L7 would beat the BL we dotn care. we hate kicker. subs that is."
-------------------
To be honest, I dont give a flying f^ck if you guys care or dont like Kicker. You guys are ignorant.Go do your research on how many SQ awards the L7's have won. I'm done posting in this thread and arguing with you morons. kthxbi

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3030
why do people get so upset when someone says they dont like something...its called an opinion bud...everyone has one, some wont agree with yours...and yea i know the L7 has won SQ awards, doesnt change my opinion...ive heard them, didnt like it, just my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 945
doesn't look like JW's gonna last too long on this forum lol

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4025
kicker is just good SPL and bad SQ drivers. SPL has more public than SQL or SQ. That's like good cars, a lot of people wants ferrari, but a lot of them can't afford it. With subs, not all people want to spend 400$ per driver.

FI audio over kicker. Good box and SQL is right at the corner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us