Figuring

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1222
help me out here :-) When using online port calculators when it ask for the size of the enclosure do i give them lets say the box needs to be 1.5 ported. I give them 1.5 but then when i put the ports in the box isnt 1.5 anymore see what im saying. Help me with this guys its killing me. I want to be able to do this without using a program to tell me everything i need to know. like the subwoofertools ya know.

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1223
nvm :-) I guess when you tell it 1.5 that means 1.5 after that port displacement? so you need to add that 1.5 to the port displcament when you build the box :D I had a moment where i couldnt think i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3673
correct lol

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1224
:D
What about figuring the displacement of an aero port. i know on the slot ports its just lxwlh but these are round. School me on my math just a bit :D

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3676
um, im not exactly sure... i know that if port length needs to be 15inches for example the flared port (from end of flare to end of other flare) needs to be 1 inch longer but as for displacement I'd wing it ;-)

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1225
yea i was reading http://www.psp-inc.com/ about how to use the ports and they told me that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us