Looking for a good HU

Username: Bkm3062

Los Angeles, Ca.

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for a good hu to install in my car. I want to get a quality system, am willing to spend up to about $800.00 if it's justifiable.
The features I want; to be able use an ipod at or near real time, have blue tooth and hd radio built in or capable, have a motorized/detachable console, and play all current optical disc formats. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 42
pioneer has a unit for about 550 to 600 that has all your looking for. and pioneer is really good IMO. so look on pioneers website and check it out.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 443
Ok, alpine has a new Head Unit that is unbeatable with I-pod controls, it has a 2.2" screen and a click wheel right on the HU, it is blue tooth capable i believe you need an adapter, the head unit retails for 450 but online prices will be much cheaper, the BT adapter is 220 retail i believe, heres a link to the HU, i think it will give you what your looking for.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X001

Los Angeles, Ca.

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys for your input!
I looked at the Pioneer units and from what I understand the sound quality is really good and the Blue Tooth functions are great, but the Ipod integration is lacking.
Regarding the Alpine unit, I wish that there was more info on it, but it sounds like the Ipod integration is one of the best. It doesn't look like it's available yet, though, but I guess I can wait another month to learn more.
Thanks again.

Los Angeles, Ca.

Post Number: 3
Wait a minute...looks like I'll have to wait 'till April for the Alpine!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us