BL and HD3

Bronze Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 70
I know that the HD3 craze has kinda died down, but I am still pretty interested in this sub. I realize that there are no reviews yet on the BL...but the way its described its like the child of the BTL and Q...right? Anyway im gonna have about 1K rms to play with and about 3ft ported box. SPL oriented.I just need help deciding on which one!!
12 or 15..??(single sub setup)

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 224

and i would go with a BL but i havent heard either of em

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 71
you think ~3ft is enough for a 15...and who had a hd3 15...damn cant remember. HD3 owner come here!! lol

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 369
its berny mac with the HD3

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 73
ohh yeah. I need to ask berny how his sq is, and what kind of box he has...thanx trey.

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 74
I know its just word of mouth...but how is the SQ supposed to be with the HD3. I know its got decent output supposedly..???

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1840
People say the btl will get louder than the hd3 but the hd3 will sound better. Then they say that the hd3 of course is louder than the fi Q, but of course the fiQ will get louder. and since the bl falls in the lines of between a Q and a BTL. The hd3 should have about the same sq as a BL but in my opinion, the hd3 can take more. and my hd3's sq is "good enough" for me. It has fairly nice sq imo. Either will be good depending on your goal. If your not going to use the full capabilities of the hd3 then get a BL.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1141
"Then they say that the hd3 of course is louder than the fi Q, but of course the fiQ will get louder" Berny you lost me... lol

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 75
so berny your saying that if i only have 1k to work with then I shouldnt even bother with an hd3?? I know it wouldnt be full potential, but if i did get the hd3 then i would always have to option of adding more power, making a bigger box, ect.. i think i might try the hd3..unless someone convinces me otherwise

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1144
what i tend to notice in alot of subs (havnt worked with either of those to know if this is the case) Alot of subs wont get very loud until you give them the recommended RMS and from there on up they start to get significally louder, basically my point is......

You have a sub that is rated at 500rms and you give it the 500rms and you compare it to a sub of the same size lrets jsut say a 12.... And then you compare it to somthing like lets say the HD3 and you only give the HD3 500rms as well, in most cases, not all, the 500rms rated sub would be louder, but the sub only getting part of what it really wants ussualy has the better sq to it.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1145
but then i also think that has to do with the sensitivity and strength of the motor as well.

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 76
so i really wouldnt be huring myself. Right now i have a way underpowered CVX(12) in a sealed box. By getting an HD3(15, porting it, and running way more power...im sure that i would notice at least a little bit of a difference..right? Im ont planning on running only 1k to the hd3 forever, just temp.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 466
You would definatly notice a difference for numerous reasons. going from a 12 to a 15, sealed to ported. And talking about running more power...yes it will be louder than what you have now.

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 29
In my demo vehicle, 2002 Chev ext cab, I have two HD310's. At the present time they are on 600 watts each, DDS1 amps,and get very loud. I also demo the subs on DDZ1 amps; one on each sub and they are insame loud on that power. The point being that they don't require their rated RMS power to be loud. These same two subs have been in the vehicle for over three years with no problems.

The sensitivity rating on the HD315 is 92 db at 1W/1M which basicly means the sub will get just as loud at 500 RMS as any other sub with the same sensitivity rating regardless of either subs maximum RMS rating. The differance being that the HD315 will continue to get louder the more power you give it.

We rate our subs RMS power at 1000 watts for 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Music power is rated the same way at 2000 watts. We are VERY conservitive with our power ratings. We don't give the sub a burp or burst power rating simply because the most power we have burped it at is with two Z1 amps per sub dozens of times with no failures of any kind so we don't know how much it will handle. These power tests were of course done by pros under ideal setups.

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 77
thanks alot for the info dj...i think i made up my mind.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1841
"Then they say that the hd3 of course is louder than the fi Q, but of course the fiQ will get louder" Berny you lost me... lol

I meant the Q will get cleaner.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1842
yeah hd3 FTW still :D

Bronze Member

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 78
I decided to go with the BL due to the lack of rms...so lets just hope that it peforms to my expectations. I wonder how long it will take to get here, pretty excited.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2469
^^^^ lol

not following the more knowledgeable peoples advice FTL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us