Amp whine

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1817
started noticing a small whine. Well, I have a ground loop thing on 1 set of rcas, So it take it off and start plugging away at diffrent sets trying to Isolate which set is causing it so I can replace em. ( I have like nine sets, and Multiply "y's" and interconnects) So its no easy task. Anyway Every set I plug into the whine gets worse. I know all grounds are golden, so I'm like wtf???? So I go to put the ground loop back on the original set and the plug , like the female connecter is missing off it. I look in the Y connector and there it is. So I pull it out, Reconnect every thing back with out the Stinger ground loop thing, and whine is gone. Moral, I dont know.
But Im glad I found it before I started ripping everthing apart.

On a side note. I have my Zapco Z100c running 2 sets of Comps. Wired it for a 1 ohm load, Which is fine, It does 100x2 At 1 ohm. But for some reason I overlooked the X2 part and had it bridged, Specs say 200x1 At 2 ohms. So this little amp was pushing 400X1 at 1 ohm. Not recommended from Zapco. Noticed that when I was playing around with the RCAs. I was wondering why those comps were so flipping loud.
Anyway, Just thought Id share that.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 148
. . . . . . . LoL good to hear it mate.

Hell I want some of that S**T .. .

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 149
O;h BTW, is that the one that was in the for sale section >? I guess I can go check, but its much more entertaining to ask . . .

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1822
yes, it was the one for sale. Will be reposting tomorrow. Very nice amp. A Robert Zeff Design.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us