Epic-160

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1371
how close to the TL is this? also besides read spl what else does it do? i just bought one so i guess i should of asked this 1st but i got it for 105. shipped so not to bad.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 109
lol thats wat i was wonderin im bout to order one

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1373
bump some1 help me out here F@GS

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1375
4get u guys then....lol

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1974
do u get it off ebay or where?

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1376
ill tell u if u answer my question! cmon someone give me an answer.....

i bought it from a guy who bought it and then decided not to use it, not off ebay some1 i know

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3389
i have a spl meter.com 150 spl meter we juzz calibrated to be 2 -/+ close to the termal lab im asking 135 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3664
the epic 160 is the same thing as the epicenter but the dash mounted version and it has a SPL meter. I'm not really sure how accurate it is. its more just for facination lol. because you cant move the mic around or anything. besides that it restores the bass... read up on it on audiocontrols site im sure they tell you everything.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1377
? thats not the ? rob i already bought an Epic-160

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1378
thanx trevor yea i read up on it and i got more confused so in lamen terms what does an epicenter do?

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1379
n e 1?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9736
that is not as accurate as tl (granted tl is the most accurate mic) but it will show you some kinda reading. so lets say you decide to change your box, you will know if you are louder or quieter.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1380
thanx now besides bein an inacurate spl meter what does it do? as an epicenter what other function does it do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9737
it restores the bass. it reads the upper frequencies and drops it down an octave or two so it plays out of your sub. i can't listen to my system without it.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1381
ok well i got the Epic-160 really i just wanted something to fit under my cd player and that seemed like a cool thing to put there. ya think it will make a noticable difference

thanx chad u been a big help

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 380
why cant you listen to your system without it?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3263
technically he can...he just dont want to i think.
the epicenter is a split decision as a good product...that statement means some ppl think its the greatest thing since sliced bread and some think its not worth the money on the system.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1382
for 105 its still not worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 735
i got one too but i need the wires for it... it is supposed to make a noticable difference to bass... the spl meter switches to a voltmeter too... that is the main reason i got mine...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9739
like wreak havoc said, its my preference. i just like the way my system sounds with the epicenter than without.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1383
the wires dont come with it

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1384
?

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
it is an epic 160 that has been through a few hands... they come with wires... i want to find the wires for mine...

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1385
ill keep my eyes open

Silver Member

Post Number: 737
saweet...

i need a bass knob cord for a concept cd-2410 also, my back seat got hungry...

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1386
i dont know bout that one but i might be able to find the wires for the epicenter, whats the point of a bass knob its like a gaurantee to clip ur amp knob. it should be set with a dmm and left alone

Silver Member

Post Number: 738
i like bass knobs...

ill take the epic 160 wires if you can find them though...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1143
so let me get this right....Chad, so you get more of your higher freq. coming out of your subs? Sorta like if you were to connect you Mid\Highs output from your HU to your amp for your SUB's but still with the deep and low bass as well? But not neccicarily high enough to be gettin voices and such?

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1387
if ur interested in it here is a cheap one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT &viewitem=%26item%3D280074131953%26%26

if that doesnt work its item #280074131953

Gold Member

Post Number: 9740
A patented process digitally maximizes the ultra-low bass on all types of source material. The Epicenter detects bass harmonics, then digitally recreates the underlying fundamental for the incredible punch and impact of live music. Simply, you get More Bass, LOUDER.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1146
ooooooo should i buy one to throw on my DD9515's when i get em :-) 200$ aint sh!t if it makes the bass better ;) im guessing it also boosts the preout sorta like a line driver just because of a different prolly stronger signal. im gunna check it out in a minute but im lookin around at Eq's as well, i need a 8 channel eq, or atleast a 2 channel eq for my subs, and i am trying to get a preout of about 13V my earthquake amp takes 250mv-16V im pretty sure, and with my 4Vpreout the gain is basically turned all the way up on the amp to produce the power its supposed to..amp still runs fine but id rather have the gain turned down a lil more to put a lil less stress on the amp. The whole problem i have been having is is i thought about it...if i get a eq and it does 8V preout and i get a line driver that says it does 6 and i add that on top of the 8V more then likly the line driver is gunna take that 8 and.....

A.) Burn the line driver out.
B.) Only put out about 6V
C.) Turn the 8V to about 14V and eventually burn out the Line Driver after a while.

I prolly shoulda started a whole new thread about that... but ehhhh im stoned

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1388
buy that 1 in the link its like 75 buks

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 81
Do you have to run the epicenter through a full range low level output on your head unit, or can you use the subwoofer output and may set the cross over as high as it will go(I think mine(860mp) goes up to 250.)?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9744
i just use the front channel output at full range to the epicenter first. then it goes to my audiocontrol xover to be split in to all the necessary frequencies.

but if you are only doing it with the sub output then yeah you gotta run it at full range to get the full effect of the epicenter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
I use my head unit to power my speakers, thus I have the crossover/slope adjustments changed from flat. My rears are crossed over at 100 hertz with a 12db/oct rolloff. will these settings also effect the low level output for the rear? or just the high levels? And if i run it off the rear outputs instead of the sub out, I will lose my ability to control the subwoofer level, will the epicenter allow me to do that with the knob that comes with it, or is that for something else? sorry, just uneducated about this thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
BUMP

Gold Member

Post Number: 9745
nick you can do it off of the rear channels. but the problem is you have to have the bass crossed over after the epicenter. if you have to use the xover function on your hu then the epicenter won't be too effective in your install. it will still drop down the lower frequencies even lower so you get low bass but you won't feel the full effect of it.

the bass knob for the epicenter isn't really a bass knob. its how much bass you want to processed. it doesn't affect the output of the bass at all. i tried it when i was metering. by turning it up it didn't get louder.

as long as the input that goes in to the epicenter has some higher freuencies, it will process it.

the way i did it also made my mid sound better too. the epicenter just made my whole sound stage better for me.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 854
^ ^ dont listen to him he's kidding with you

jk :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Well, for now I will just run it off of my sub out and adjust the crossover as high as it will go. Eventually I will get a set of inline passive crossovers(bass blockers) for my rear speakers, and get a line driver/bass knob for the amp on the subs. Thanks Chad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
I just wish the sub crossover on the 860mp could be bypassed. all I want to retain is the level control/phase adjustment, and the ability to turn off the subs with my HU.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9747
yeah my 960mp doesn't have a bypass either. i did have it hooked up to my subwoofer output once. i set the lpf to 250hz and the lpf on my amp at 70hz and it was fine. you really don't need anything above 250hz.

but like i was saying above, by doing a full range off the front channel, it was able to drop down the mid freq for my midrange speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Then I will do likewise, my lpf, i'm sure, is the same as yours. Thanks again, that clears up alot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 739
on my 160 there is a spot that says "speaker level input" and theres 2 sets of positive and negatives. a harness of some sort plugs in there... what is that for? anyone? chad???

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
and is this what im supposed to buy and add my own wiring?

http://item.express.ebay.com/Consumer-Electronics_Car-Electronics_Car-Electronic s-Signal-Processors_AudioControl-Audio-Control-Epic-160-Epic160-plug-only_W0QQit emZ9738487845QQihZ008QQptdnZCarQ20ElectronicsQ20SignalQ20ProcessorsQQddnZConsume rQ20ElectronicsQQadnZCarQ20ElectronicsQQcmdZExpressItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 741
errrrr...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us