Mounting tweets

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1201
Ive never had to install a set of tweets into a panel. Ive always been able to use the stock locations and such. Im wanting to know how you guys get the tweeter to stay put lol. Im goin to cut the hole out but what about mounting them there to stay.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9715
the little mounting cup that comes with the tweeters has holes for the screws.

or if you are flush mounting it to the panel, it also comes with something that makes it fit tight.

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 92
lol or u could always use velcro lol lmao i remember someone on this forum had some infinty tweets velcroed on nice

Gold Member

Post Number: 9719
lol velcro. that is one ghetto way of doing it.

you can use hot glue gun to stick the tweeter on too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
lol lmao i use to have mine screwed on and my friends would always hit them when they would roll their window down i would get pissed

Gold Member

Post Number: 9720
lol yeah. damn friends. they have no respect for your property. lol.

you didn't have an automatic window?

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1202
ive gotta find out the mounting cutout for these now so i can drill the hole for them. I dont have the manual or i would have looked already. THey are the Focal polyglass 165v2s

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3377
LOOOK AT THE VERY END OF MY VIDEO THATS HOW I ALWAYS PUT THE TWEETERS AND CROSSOVERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsi2no0xBU

Gold Member

Post Number: 9722
did it come with the flush mouting cup?

if not you can just use the tweeter to trace the circle. then cut just a tad smaller than the tweeter and it should just fit in there tight.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
no kinda sucks that my jetta is a 94 and doesnt have power windows dayum germans lol jk i love my car and germans are koo i was just playing lol kinda funny german car but made in MEXICO just like me

Gold Member

Post Number: 9723
hecho en mexico. cool.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
lol u know a lil spanish thas koo kinda sucks that there arent ne mexican subs its all imported from here

Gold Member

Post Number: 9726
i heard the jl audio subs are way more expensive there than here.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3379
hey raymond i know wheres the dd dealer in mexico its in veracruz i kind of forgot the right place but i know its in veracruz. yeah now the bochos are not made anymore wat a waste

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
yeah mostly everything that is not food and clothing is way more expensive over there its really sad u gotta be loaded to have a sound system down there thas y im really glad that im over here

Gold Member

Post Number: 9728
how come they don't make the vw bugs anymore?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2842
"i heard the jl audio subs are way more expensive there than here."

jl is more expensive soemwhere else...jesus, i dont even wanna know their prices over there if they are more...lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
and then the fact that u work 2ice as hard and make like one forth of minimum wage over hear doesnt help either but i dont know about the bugs i just know my jetta was made in mexico cus it says on the windshield lol but systems sound decent in it cus its really compact and i can put my seats down rattles too much though when i had i had my 12" atlas my door panels kept flexin

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3381
like around one or 2 cars from evey 10 in mexico are bochos its because there are too many mexico its the number one country that use the bochos thats why they had to stop making them because ford,chevrolet adn other makes coulnt keep up with the bocho thats why since the vw stopped making bochos new companys and new models have gone to mexico like the navigator and all those fancy cars

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3384
or "there are too many bochos in mexico please americans go to mexico and buy some buggys "

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2138
the tweeter cups usually stay put, they are pressure cups, and are made to stay once you put them in

thats how mine are

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1204
im bout to try out my tweeter mounting skills :-)

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2139
get a dremel or somethin and just keep makin the hole bigger till its a tight fit

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1205
im mounting these in my a-pillars towards the front glass.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1448
Keep the tweeter and the mid as close to each other as possible. If you move the tweter away it will not be in phase and you wil get terrible sound stage and/or imaging. No electronic or passive crossover will help to correct this problem. Physics work, electronics dont. :-)

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1206
like that matters at 147+db on music haha ;)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10509
i strongly agree with Mix

ppl often ask me y i dont have my tweet on the dash or on the door around the mirror area facing u - my response 'my ear can can tell exactly where the sounds seems to coming from separate locations & not blendiing together naturally & besides i Cant stand having a tweet facing my directly hitting my ears harshly when playing @ high volumes' .......Just IMO .....

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 230
If the tweeters are going to be right near the woofer, what's the point of getting compenents over coaxials?

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1208
Rule i always heard was no more than 18" well i measure and its only 14.75

Platinum Member

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10511
"""""If the tweeters are going to be right near the woofer, what's the point of getting compenents over coaxials?""""""

dude do a lil research - coax just play all freqs into 1 where as comps come with a xover which separates 2 ranges of freqs (thats if a 2way set & 3 sets of freqs if its a 3way set)

CDT's website had a real good explanation 4 it & i will look 4 it now & post link when i find it ......

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 231
Sorry, that was a really dumb question. I wasn't thinking about the crossovers, simply the placement. Damn sociology homework is frying my brain

Platinum Member

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10512
http://www.cdtaudio.com/speaker_placement.htm

taken from here ^^^^ >>>>>>>>

Good main Tweeter placement:
Always make sure the main component system Tweeter is mounted "close to the mid woofer" if possible angled toward the dome light/sunroof area. "Never" mount the main component Tweeter away from the mid woofer and or high up on the door sail panel or rear mirror location, never.

Poor Tweeter placement:
"Never" use the side rear mirror location as your main Tweeter placement! Always mount the main component Tweeter close to the mid woofer location, always!

you're welcome ! .........

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1449
Co-axials have two things that "may" qualify them for having something that is somewhat beneficial, but still, now wait for the downside, lol. :-)

One;
The tweeter is placed in the center of the mid, or close to it, which is beneficial because the sound comes from one centered point source. This is an engineers dream, but it cmpromises a lot of quality in sound due to horn loading, and limits room for better motor structures.

Two;
The benefit of having a compact system, meaning room for installation, and packaging of course, lol.

Now for the downside;

Co-axials are cheap in quality, and the tweeter is usually parasitic to the mid/woofer. This means that the tweeter shares the mid/woffers magnet, and therefore it is not as good as having two separate motors.

Another thing is that co-axial have what I call "an excuse" for a crosover. They have just a capacitor on the tweeter. Its only 6 db per octave, which doesnt produce good results.

Last but not least. They are a manufacturers money maker, and the buyers rip-off. The manufacturers have figured out that they can sell a lot more cheap equipment that sounds somewhat impressive, and make more money off of them, than what they do on the more expensive models, that they have invested a lot of money into research and development.

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1210
this is 75% mental i think now. I have them both installed and i swear to god all of the sudden it sounds like they are playing and they arent hooked up to ANYTHING. but it sounds like sound is comming from them.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1818
Like this?
And I used some caulk on the back to hold the cups in place.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 9735
k i have my tweets on up by the window and the mid by at the bottom of the door. i have manage to get the timing right by bi-amping so it sounds really nice.

in fact i took my tweets off and put it near the mid using some tape to get feel for the right blend. then i re-installed it back on the sail and messed with the input sensitivity and my audiocontrol eqx. it worked well for me. i have perfect balance of mid and high. the bass is stronger than the rest but that is expected casue i have 2 btl's on 5000wrms.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1451
You will definetly notice when your tweeters are hooked up. If you dont see an AMAZING difference, then you did something wrong, or you have a pair of crappy speakers.

I know you said you had Focal polyglass 165v2s. Focal made their money selling tweeters :-), not mids or woofers. They may have some mediocre mids and woofers out now, but back in the days, Focal was known for their tweeters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us