JL Dub3's

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 431
Would 2 12" w3's get decently loud in a ported box, tuned to the subs specs running on a jl 500/1 ?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 124
on the jl 500/1 put one Hd2.5

http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

or get a bigger amp and get two

or get 2 HD3's

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 432
no thanks, i already got 1 12 and it isnt loud enough for me, so im wanting two and i dont realy wanna hop on the audioque bandwagon..plus im gettin these subs with a nice box at a pretty good deal from a auth. dealer with 2 yr warranty...

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 434
nobody else has a opinion?

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 145
I've heard that W3's aren't great. The v3 is twice as good as the v2 but they aren't great unless you get 2 13w3v3s and for that much money you can do a lot better.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2447
do you have a w3v2 ? if you do i would look into dif subs but if you already have one 12'' w3v3 sure get another one , great sounding subs

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 435
they might actually be the w3v3...they are the older model dub 3's. not the new model

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 436
when i say loud i mean louder than my set up now...1 12" Diamond Audio D6 sealed on the 500/1.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2853
cone area FTW

dub3s shuold be louder...probably not by a significant amount but never know

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2450
off the same amount of power ... yes 2 12's ported will be louder than 1 12 sealed lol

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 146
it'd would sound phenomenal if you got another Diamond and BTW the v2 has the big JL logo on the sub when the v3 just has the little circle like v2 W6/W7. I would say sell the Jl's, take that money, buy a matching D6 and use the remaining money to buy a sick amp, and definitely run em sealed. it will sound soo good

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 437
lol somebody's mis read...i dont have the jl's yet, thats what im wanting to buy

Bronze Member
Username: Nor_cal_lo_life

Post Number: 56
Just port the d6, Or go with somthing better than the w3's. There wont be enough of a difference, between the w3's and d6, to make it worth it.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 155
o my bad dude....then just save the money and hook up a second d6

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 438
i got the 2 12 dub 3's ...the ported box wouldnt fit so i went sealed for the time being until i get more cash for a ported box....and for those of you who said it wont make much of a difference you were wrong, they are way louder and much cleaner than the diamond, i just cant wait to get that ported box :-), all in all im happy, and thats what matters lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2888
i win...glad your happy tho derek...thats what matters

ive haerd people say the dub3's arent that loud...ive heard one and thought it was decent for only haveing like 300rms thrown at it

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 440
yea, to yall it might not be loud but i have never heard dd,treo,fi,aq or any brand like that but to me its mighty loud then when i drop em in a ported box, it should keep me occupied for a while.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 163
post pics

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 441
im workin on that now, gotta borrow my moms camera and she just doesnt exactly hand it out lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us