I need new 6-1/2" speakers mb componets any suggestions??

Bronze Member
Username: Gus738

Post Number: 33
hey everyone well im getting ready to upgrade my 06 honda civic ex 2dr couple and i was wondering what are the best i can get for a reasonable price ??? i could careless about brands but lately i was looking at the fellowing ,

* Polk Audio MMC6500

* Polk Audio db6500

* kicker SS65.2

the db componet seem to have a better specs minus the 25-50 watts rms compared to the mmc6500
while the kicker seems to be more "branded" then what it actually does , can i please have everyones opinion ohh and are componets really worth more then coax spkrs???? or just a lil diffrense?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 139
I have no experience with the above sets, but Im thinking for the money, you can get better, they look pretty solid, but the carbon fiber thing, not my cup of tea.

But anyways, with a component set, you can achieve a better stage ... period. Also, the play back output, is goin to be better because its has seperate designated crossovers. Usually in a comp set, the crossovers usually are made by a network of electonic components (caps, inductors, resistors, etc...) Coax, have the same, but on a much smaller level. Coax will have a cap soldered behind the tweeter, you will also find some sort of lower freq cutt off device for the woofer as well. Component x-overs have options that will increase the operating efficiencies, allow you balance the tweet and woofer so that output levels bwtween the 2 match depending on your acoustical desires. IN a coax, you can do none of that, just mount and aim to different places. Components have the option of coax operation, full serperation, or any blend in the middle. You can also Bi-amp a comp set.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1417
I am having some sales on 6.5 components from CDT, I believe I have a set for you. PM me and i'll tell you what I have, just mention you're gustavo from here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
*BUMP* anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3077
go with alter on the cdt's, he'll hook you up with a good price on a set that'll be better than the ones' you mentioned.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1422
thanks Mike

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 798
Hey alter, I emailed you a couple days ago through the online store. I was wondering if the 7" Dayton reference midbass and the 6.5" Tangband mid were priced per speaker or pair? Also I was wondering if the Tangband is suitable for a door install? I can fit either in my door.
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
alter what are cdt's? srry i really dont like the pm system on this web just post here ^_^ well i know i can get MMC Polk for 99 and i really dont wanna spent much more for brand i just want quality stuff and that fits in my 2006 honda civic 2 dr couple without modifications ...

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 193
CDT's are nice comps based around Vifa drivers. They are better than what you have listed and alter will get you a great deal.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1424
sorry jessi was out of town in WV where there is no svc on my PDA. I did reply today. But they are prices per speaker. As for CDT they are a good company that offers solid performance for the price. They have many options too within their series that can suit budgets and personal needs.

Username: John_mcdon

Post Number: 5
This is how i paid for my kicker subs and xplode amp

No lie!!!

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=167278

Get started today!!

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 205
John McDong Sucks big ones and take the X-plod right to the face
« Previous Thread Next Thread »