Time for new system

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 495
right now i have a AA Atlas 12" ran by a RF amp and it is too much sometimes. over the past few years i have had everything from 10" to 15" subs and i think i prefer the 10".
What 10" subs should i be looking at? I know Fi has a highly acclaimed one, how is the infinity perfect 10" subs, they are pretty cheap online.

thanks everyone

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3656
too much? whats that? lol. if one 12 is too much two 10s will be too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
not necessarily too much. it sounds awesome with most music but i find 12"s to sound terrible with rock and i listen to quite a bit of rock. otherwise i listen to trance and rap which sound great with any size sub.
i want a sub that sounds quick but deep with any type of music. im all about sound quality, not necessarily SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1909
I'm voting for Assassins...I know you've got Avalanches right now...But the 12" Assassins I have, keep up well with rock/metal, and still sound powerful with rap and stuff like that.

I'm sure a pair of 10's would be even better...Just my .02.

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
thanks. ill check those out. and i have a atlas, not an avalanche. the atlas is handles less watts and is not quite as beefy but still made by AA. great sub, just wish it sounded better with all music.
maybe its my $125 rf amp. ive thought about buying a jl audio 250/1 and seeing if there is a difference. what do you guys think.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 914
that might make a difference.... what is your RF amp pushing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
250w rms but the AA Atlas only recommends 250rms. I talked to the owner of AA over the phone and he said do not go over 300wrms. are there any amps that compare to the jl audio 250/1 in quality?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 918
ehh... not really, unless your talking about more money. closest i'd say to one would be an equivalent kicker

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 361
why not get one good 10" and use the same amp?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 362
while your at it look at this. A audio control equalizer/crossover

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=14149&d_Id=5250&l1=5250 &l2=
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us