SSD box calculations

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_h

Post Number: 34
just bought an SSD with copper coils last week, and since Phil's ( of "woodlawn cabinetry") shop is located like 10 minutes from me i figure id have him build my box but....

i gave him the max dimensions of 32x18x18in which is alittle under half of my explorers trunk and said that i wanted to do 2.4cuft tuned to 33hz

but he said "The max I could gain from those enclosure dims specified is a volume of 2.0 cu.ft. tuned at 33Hz and that is will using 5/8" MDF to gain the volume, 3/4" MDF would have reduced the volume even further below 1.75 cu.ft.."

is this right? i dont know enough about boxes to say its not but i figure id ask anyway

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 23
If that's for one sub you better have him check his figures. 30.5X16.5X16.5=83036.625 divided by 1728=4.80 gross internal volume if you use 3/4" material. I can't figure sub and port displacement taking 2.8 cubes of volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i knew those numbers seemed off, wonder how he figured that?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 443
I bet he was figuring it for 2 subs because then It would be right around 2 cubes.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 142
Yeah, I made a mistake and calculated for 2 instead of one subwoofer.

I caught the mistake and e-mailed him the correct specs for the enclosure.

BTW, Langford, your spec's are off as to the enclosure size given what I designed it to since you don't know all the particulars of that design.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yup, everything worked out just right, pics will be up hopefully with in the nex two weeks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us