For Sale - Fi 18" Q

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 897
If anybody shows interest in this I'll probably part ways. Thing is basically new... not even fully broken in. $250+ship. Again, mostly seeing if anybody is interested...

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1906
I've gotta ask though, why sell something that's practically new lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 67
vc's d1 or d2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1968
another thing is the shipping would be like 30 bucks and if you add that to $250 ur getting a little too close to the NEW price.

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 904
I want a BL instead It's a D1. Yes, its priced near the new price, because it is practically new. I figure you can't go wrong saving ~$30 and getting basically the same thing, quicker. I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. see below?

Upload"customer"
^^^^^^^^no

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 912
man... nobody? lol not even any offers?

Username: Timbre

Post Number: 2
Eric,

Don't get a BL, its about a 15% increase in motor purely from the non-vented t-yoke (less magnetic saturation gives it more BL) but its a shorter coil and its going to have more distortion from the lack of vent and less linear BL curve from the shorter coil (bl as in BL product, not the name for the driver)

Stick with the Q. I don't think you will even get much of an SPL increase if any, especially if the box stays the same, you may even experience less bass because of the higher damping factor in the BL driver, maybe a dB for the higher frequencies, but anything worthy of bass, you're not going to see any increase, only decrease!

God damnit, why did Fi name a driver "Q" and "BL", that is just unfair to people who talk about TSP's

Grrrr...

Piece of advice, learn to read about TSP's and look at driver topology and you can pretty much discern any marketing hype from real engineering.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 363
damn bob that was sum insightful sh!t...

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 926
yeah bob just came out of left field with that one lol. i have basic knowledge on how to differentiate specs, but i'm no pro...

all i know is that Scott said this driver is basically the Q, with less SQ and more output. kinda like the BTL, but with less power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us