Audio system in a hybrid car?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9661
does anyone have or know someone that has a system in a bybrid car? my friend is getting a car but he wants a loud system. so i was wondering if there is a ho alt for a hybrid car also and if 2000wrms + system is possible in a hybrid.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 188
there was a article(sp) in ca&e when the first came out.. since there like 40 volts i think they said you have to get something to drop it doen to 12v ill look through my mags later to see

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1213
i think they have both a 72volt system n a 12 volt system.....on hybrid cars....cuz theres just some thing still that need to b 12 but im not sure..... but just get a XPLOD amp n run it off 72 vs....than it will deff. get 1200 WATTS lmao....but ur freind better be gettin a lexus hybird or sumthin not a G@y honda or prius or sumthen LMAO

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9665
he is getting a suv from ford. i believe its called escape.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 188
I know someone who has a prius, and it doesn't run the engine in stop and go traffic, it uses the batteries. I don't see how you could install a system in there cause it would run the battery down real quick when the engines not running. Unless you put a whole lot of batteries in the back, but haulin all that weight around would defeat the purpose of having a hybrid car.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2874
yeah theres some ariticles on it around the web i dont have one so i dont really remember what it said about it. but yeah.. if i see it ill postit

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1454
This is a GW question. Sorry :-(

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1142
I wonder when they will make amps to run from 72V..... and how strong they will be if the stock hybrid alt.is around 100A or more :-\ they should be some pretty mean amps... to bad the future isnt now!!!! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 85
A class d running off of 72 volts and drawing 40 amps could theoretically produce around 2200-2400 watts. If drawing 100 amps, it could produce around 5750 watts. This also takes into consideration a class d amplifiers inefficiency of around 20%.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1391
couldnt u just use a voltage regulator or maybe add a battery and use an isolator

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1148
Like i said BUMPPPP they can make a mean @ss amp to fit that charging system... but if they dont have any batterys out for that by that time... take 6 deepcycles in series lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3395
hey killa do your earthquakes sounds killarrrrr??? do you like them and where did you get them??? and chad how aboput 325 for each orion???

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1151
sounds good enough for me to want throw some dd9515's on em that should explain enough..i got them on ebay for about 500 with 1yr warr. or 5yr dealer installed..

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3403
you have them both hooked up????? does they take some good current????

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1152
no i only got the one right now i am ordering another one once i get the dd's somtime at the begining of the month but im not going to have them both running for about another 2 months, i need to upgrad my eletric... 300A from the 200A i have now.. then drop my optimas and get some kinetiks, 4 hc2400's and maybe somthing a lil smaller for the cranking or just keep a optima up there.. and ya they take some pretty good current

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3404
wat types of optimas i might be interested and how many

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1153
1 red one yellow.... not to sure of the exact model but i think they are the top models... id have to double check but im not to sure if id be selling them yet, if i decide to keep one for my starting battery then i wont have any, im sticking the yellow top in my dads ride so for the Bp1200.1 i have running in there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us