Does this looks right???

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3345
my buddy is seling someting on graigslist and this person send this.

Thanks for your reply..i will offer you $420 for the item for proper
packaging..wont mind a gift box so that we can close the post as soon as possible and enable me pay for the shipping, i hope my bid is okay?...if not let me know your highest bid..Once my payment is approved i will like to pick up the item with my personal fedex and I'm paying using USPS......Here is how it works, U.S.P.S money order is an agency set up by United States postal service,it is quite different from the normal postal money order cos it is meant to take care of online transaction between buyers and sellers.
You do not need to set up an account to receive money neither do you have to
pay special charges.All you need to do is to let me have your contact address,phone # and your full name.once i have this informations,i will have the payment made immediately.You will receive a confirmation /approval mail once payment is made,this confirmation mail include in the details of the transaction e.g how to get your money and when to get your money.
They also ensure that both parties are not on the loosing side of the
transaction.Please get back to me with your full contact information and phone #
so that i can proceed with the payment.......Thanks

does it looks like a scam???

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 959
What you should do is accept the money order and tell the guy you wont send the sub until the money order clears. The bank will give you money immediately, but when the money order goes through and it comes up a fraud they make you repay the money and then you have no way of getting your sh!t back. That sounds pretty legit though so I dont know... Ask if he could do paypal or something?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1125
For sure dont give him the sub til it clears... my friend has been getting fake money orders sent to her house....like 4 a month.. she tried to cash one and they tried to press charges on her for fraud... her bank took one of them...and now she owes them lots of money... make sure it clears b4 sending the sub basically.. and about you only recieving confirmation and not the actualy money order when its filled out..never heard of that.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1658
dont do it at all, the money order, if you get one, will be a fake. Also, any information you give them will be used to try and steal your identity...its called phishing...google it sometime
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us