Blew my Sub Pre-Outs

Bronze Member
Username: Notoriousroc1

Post Number: 29
Well after tinkering around with my JL amp trying to set the "Voltage Sensitivity" with a DMM I had some. At first, I thought I blew the sub, then I thought I blew the amp, then I thought my new Knu RCA's were messed up.

Now, I have isolated the problem. It's the Sub Pre-Outs on my JVC HU. I am pretty much certain. How do I fix this? Do I have to split it open and mess with some wires or what? What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
if this is of any help, i was trying set the "Input Sensitivity" with a DMM, so I took out one of the speaker wires, the speaker wire landed on the opposite rca plugged into the amp. Then, I heard a loud thump from the sub. I think this caused my HU's pre-outs to stop working correctly. Now how do I fix this?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1173
Seems like they could just be blown/no longer working. Call JVC and ask them and they may be able to help. It definately dont sound good tho.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC VP of 15 Wan...

Post Number: 864
ok, is it making any noise at all? I mean does it sound real distorted when you play it through the RCAs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
no noise at all, i dont think theres any current going through it...b/c my JL amp has a signal sensor (u dont need the remote wire). so if there was some current going through the RCA's the amp would turn on. i also tested the rca's, they work fine. I hooked up a cd player directly to the rca's w/ an adapter an my sub was hitting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us