A question about SQ?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 330
i plan on buying a head unit with a usb slot and then hooking it up to a MP3 player. but my concern is that since i have invested a lot of money (around 1400 including electrical upgrades) i dont want to lose any sq. so granted i download songs from a reputable website like itunes would the quality coming from my mp3 to head unit be the same as if i were just poppin cd's? thanks, trey

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 580
should be fine. i wouldnt see why not. if anything thw mp3 player would be better dont have to worry bout it skippin

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 334
thas what i was thinking, but im wondering how i will work the volume. because how will changing the volume on the mp3 affect the overall loudness of my system. i would like to jsut adjust the volume with the faceplate but idk how that will all work

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 186
Ok, a few different things need to be addressed here:

First you need to figure out if your HU will even be able to read mp3 files from your mp3 player. If you can drag and drop files to your mp3 player from windows explorer, it should work. If you have to use a software program to transfer files, this will NOT work.

Now assuming that your HU can read the files, the HU would be playing the mp3s, not the mp3 player. So you would adjust the volume on the HU just as you would with a CD or radio.

About the quality: With the usb connection the quailty will be the same as if you had burned the songs on a CD. However, if you connect the mp3 player to the HU via a cable from the players headphone jack to the HU's aux inputs, then you will lose quality.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2126
you will not get the same SQ as you would off of a real unburned cd

even a burned cd will have better SQ than an mp3 player

buy a pioneer premier 780 and youll be so dam happy

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2861
the original cd will always have better SQ then the mp3s from it. sometimes the original recording isnt even that great so the mp3s with suck even more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us