New Car - Need Help

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1647
Hello all..

My fiancee's car died a few days ago. She needed something right away so we stopped into a local dealership and picked up an 07 ion. Nothing too fancy, just a new reliable car. My question is this: I have only hooked up amps/subs to aftermarket decks. I have never wired one to a stock stereo before. I want to keep the stock one because it has A LOT of real nice features that I specfically asked for at the dealer. So how to I go about hooking up an amp to a stock stereo using RCA's? I know about the adapter and tap into the rear speaker wires for the signal. Do I have to do it behind the dash or can I do it in the trunk next to the speakers? Also, where do I get the signal for the Remote Wire? I really don't want to tear apart the dash if I don't have too. Also, the battery is in the trunk on those cars so wiring is a breeze. If I could do everything from the back would be great. I can get the adapter here local so that's not a problem. Thanks again guys!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8821
yes with the LOC you can tap in at the rear speakers shortening your length of run of wires. As far as a remote wire go directly into your fuse box, your radio fuse works well.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1648
I'm not quite sure how to wire the LOC properly. Will my rear speakers still work by doing it like this? Or do I have to sacrifice the rear speakers for an amp? Thanks again James, I'm new to this LOC issue.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1649
bump

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1652
bump 2

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1653
....anyone??

Bronze Member
Username: Nor_cal_lo_life

Post Number: 54
Just splice into the positive and negative on both of your rear speakers,and send them to the loc . Keep the rears hooked up , you can even come right off of the speakers.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1655
ok sweet, I understand now. Thanks for your help man :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us