Question???

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 68
I have 2 jl xr 6.5's in my front doors and my passenger door speaker keeps hitting the door panel and it sounds HORRIBLE. So i'm just goin to put a base blocker on the speaker wire.

My question is i've heard its important to put it right before the speaker and after the crossover but would it still work if i put it right after the amp???

The only reason i would do that is because its alot easier. If that would be fine to do please let me know. Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2849
if its on an amp then just set the HPF to like 80hz so you wont even need a bass blocker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
its already on hp but it still does it, i dont know why. i've tried everything.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2850
make sure the switch for the HPF is on and maybe try turning it higher

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
alright there might be something that i did wrong so i'll keep trying. thanx for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 97
Could just be the install, I have a similar problem with mine. Though setting the Freq on the X-over is enough, but I have to go 80 or higher. The only thing that can remedy this for sure, it either an new re-install, or a spacer to give you extra room around the driver between the speaker and the back of the panel its hitting against. Something like a mounting ring with recessed inner mounting surface with a lip that would stick out beyond the mounted speaker

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 99
And honestly, the bass blocker thing, should not really matter where you put it on at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us