Jeep Grand Cherokee

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 143
Anyone on this forum have one or have worked on one? This is the car I would like to get this summer so I can actually buy all this stuff I have been talking to you guys about! How are they to work on?

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 99
I have a 2000 Cherokee and I honestly think it was made to be taken apart it's so easy...idk about grand cherokee's, but unless youre getting full upgrade of everything, try not get one with the stock infinity system

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2658
my friend has a jeep wagoneer...made in like 87 or so. car is pretty cool. wood paneling on it...lol.

but yea i know its not the same car but his car has over 170,000miles and no big problems, runs clean.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 144
Well, I would be trying to upgrade everything, but I will still avoid the Infinity system. There's no point in paying more for an upgraded system when I'm just going to be taking everything out lol. Is there a good amount of room in the back...say for two 15s?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 326
i have a 99 grand cherokee laredo and im putting 2 15" Re Sx's in it...

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 147
I was thinking about getting a 99 or 2000. Will that use up most of your rear or is there good room back there? Sorry...I haven't actually been inside one.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 149
It didn't bump...

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 916
there is a good amount of room back there. typically most people on here make gigantic boxes if they have SUVs for their 2 15s just cuz they like the loudest cleanest sound possible, but you dont need to use the whole space required back tehre for that. I have a single 15 in a 2.5 cu. ft enclosure and the thing slams like no other(its in a sedan) so I mean its really up to you whether or not you want a 5 cu. ft box or an 8 cu. ft box. have fun.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 328
my box is gonna take up all of my space back there

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 150
Well, I will have to see when I get it I guess. I would probably be wanting whatever box sounds the best, meaning a big one lol. Sealed are generally better sound quality right? And definatly smaller...

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 918
yeah sealed would be a waste of space since you have space to use. Maybe a single 15" like fi Q or SSD or something along those lines would do you good. And still be reasonably loud depending on the amp you use. do sub up and port back for best results.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 151
OK...I was told a 15" Q would sound very clean and plenty loud too. I would supply them with 750-1250 (big range I know) each and do two of them. You think it would be a good setup, or would it be better to do one 15" in a quality ported?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 920
depends on how much room you want to take up. and how much you want to spend in electrical upgrades(batts, HO alt, Big 3) it gets expensive quick.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 153
Well, as I have said on previous posts, this is all planning for this summer. However, I am expecting to be putting a lot of money into this car and wouldn't object to having to spend $1000 on the electrical upgrades. It would be nice to have some room left in the back, but it would not be essential. I would love to put two ported 15" Qs, but don't know about the room issue yet. Is it a waste to put the two Qs in a sealed box? Am I loosing a lot?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 155
Well, as I have said on previous posts, this is all planning for this summer. However, I am expecting to be putting a lot of money into this car and wouldn't object to having to spend $1000 on the electrical upgrades. It would be nice to have some room left in the back, but it would not be essential. I would love to put two ported 15" Qs, but don't know about the room issue yet. Is it a waste to put the two Qs in a sealed box? Am I loosing a lot?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 701
i have a '98 grand cherokee... i love it. i like working on this one more than most of my other cars. SUVs are just easier to work on, PERIOD. at least stereo-wise...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 702
oh, about the room, you have plenty... im putting 2 18" Fi BLs behind and below the backseats...

here is a descent pic of the box showing its size sorta...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2118
jeeps are easy...u wont have any trouble

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 451
why y'all say to avoid the infinity system?? infinity makes nice speakers...are they not the refs?

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 101
the factory infinity system has an external amp, which isn't anything bad, just the thing is you'd have to either rewire the whole car, or just piggyback the stock amp, run about 8 runs of 5-ft length speaker wire to your new amp, but I can't imagine thats the best thing, although thats exactly how mine is right now and its pretty loud and sounds clean.

BTW you shouldn't have a problem fitting those subs in a Jeep GC, a regular cherokee, yes, bc of the spare tire, but i believe the Grand cherokee spare is under the car right

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 106
No issue at all. A good portion of Fi protos were tested in a Grand Cherokee. Two SSD10s sealed currently reside in the back in about .45 cuft each.
I simply reran all the wires to the speakers instead of tapping on at the amp under the rear seat. Either way should be fine. Only thing I found is that the 6.5" drivers I wanted to use in the doors were all a little too deep. I had to do 1/4" plates and 2 layers of Second Skin Damplifier Pro to get the magnet to clear the window when it was down. Then I had to modify the door panel to clear the surround when it started to throw. This is in a ZJ... with a WJ and WK your mileage may vary.

ZJ spare is supposed to be in the back too... so you would have to remove that in order to make something larger fit. Mine is mostly a trail rig and my enclosure and amps are integrated into a 7" tall storage compartment for many straps, jack, tools, and various other things to keep it rolling on the trail. Spare is on the back of the Jeep now, or the extra spare or tire only is up on the rack.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us