Only first hand exp.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3294
I'd only like people who own, or have owned Kicker CVX's to post.
I have a friend who likes them, and I kind of like them as well.
Now, I was not a fan of the solobarrics.
How do they sound, are they power hogs, can you give me as best as you can, sql, spl opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1605
It's one of kicker's better subs that they have produced since they discontinued the round solo barics. They do need the rated rms to sound good and need a clean amp. THey blow pretty easy with a distorted signal. If you're a big fan of kicker they are the sub to get from them right now, I like it better than that solo x crap that they came out with. They sound pretty decent, as long as the box is designed correctly and built well. In my opinion for the price paid and the power it needs to sound good there are much better options out there but don't get me wrong this sub can kick some but when installed right.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2996
don't have them myself but know several people that do so i hear them quite a bit. imo they aren't all that bad sq wise and get pretty loud. before they weren't worth the money but now that you can get them so cheap, even from kicker dealers, they aren't to bad a deal. do need a little more than the rms, think about 900-950wrms to each 12" is perfect. and definately go ported with them, tuned about 36-38hz.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 784
I had a pair of 12" CVX's I had them tuned to 34 Hz and they sounded good. It was the loudest set up I had to that point.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us