Aux in volume?

Username: Hebbard

Post Number: 1
Hey - i have a mosfet 50x4 pioneer head, pretty basic stuff, but i found that it has a RCA aux input that i can use for my mp3 player instead of using one of those crappy radio deals.

Anyway, i plugged it up, but the aux input is independent of the head units volume and EQ controls. The volume is constant from 1-100, and off at 0. Fade, balance, and EQ do nothing, it just takes the mp3 player volume, which, of course, isnt loud enough.

Am I missing something? Is there any way to change this? I've looked through all the menu options, but i dont have my manual..

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 382
First, what is the model number of your head unit just out of curiosity? Pioneer's web site has online usuer manals and you just have to sign up for a free account to view them. But I would say no, there's probably no way to turn up the AUX in source through the HU. What MP3 player are you using? There are options out there for small amps for AUX sources, some of which plug into the cig lighter but it depends on what MP3 player you're trying to use. I assume you made sure your MP3 player was turned all the way up and that the cable is plugged all the way into the MP3 player. If the cable isn't all the way in you'll get mono sound a lot of the time and sometimes people are affraid to make sure it's in all the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us