185$ to install radio!!!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 604
okay i got a ? why is it gonna cost me 185 to just put in my alpine 6.5 in-dash cd player i got all the wires and everything they told me all i need is the adaptor i think he was talkin about the antanna adaptor w(which i dont even have a antanna for my radio cuz it broke off on the outside) but the other part i think is some kinda of harness? that u put in gm trucks for it to work which is 90$ and i thought it was only 2003 models and up could any1 tell me what i need for a 2002 escalade?

please help

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 81
Did they quote you that price first, then you got all the wires for it? Or do they even know you already have all the wires ?

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 82
It does sound pricy, but you do have an Escalade, and Cadillac's a B**ch. I know cause I got one and everyone wanted about 100 $ bucks for it. Also depends if like you want satelite radio and they need to hook extra stuff up. But go to another shop and get several estimates. You will find that there will be a large variance in price. LoL, but go to someone that will WARRANTY thier work and you EQUIPMENT ! Reprocussions can be ALOT more than double what you spent if they f**ck something up. And you wont even know it till it way too late.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4787
just do it your self?

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 208
You will need a Scoche DCGM09 like I had to use to install my Avic. That piece right there alone can cost $120 retail. I bought mine for $60 on Ebay. Installing a radio is simple. The only major wires you will have to watch out for are:
Ground
Power
Illumination
System Remote (if you have a factory amp)

Save yourself some money and do it yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 605
i got it done today for 108$ but im gonna haft to buy a lil unit for my alpine to play dvd's cuz everytime i put it on it says screen off for safty and i tried grounded the wires and the emergency brake so im gonna haft to get it and the guy told me its only like 20 $
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us