Username: Lance_p

Post Number: 31
car: acura mdx

have:
-stock bose system and stock head unit/smart trip
-Phoenix Gold Rsd 1200.1 mono amp

thinking of getting:
-rockford 2 gauge amp kit
-not sure of what sub or subs...Kicker L7's?
-not sure what sub box

Need?
-equalizer
-capacitor
-crossover
-new battery

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1169
The BOSE thing will be hard to deal w/ prolly. Wiring Harness/adapters usually get expensive for em if it needs a RDS harness.

I wouldnt go w/ L7s b/c they dont sound too good. You could possibly keep ur stock HU and use a LOC to integrate the aftermarket subs. Whats your budget? Id check into some Fi's for subs.( www.ficaraudio.com ). Amp kit will work. And As for a box more than likely ported facin the rear.

Username: Scorpion702

Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Post Number: 2
I have heard many systems and for the price the L7's in a good box will sound great! Why do people bash Kicker so much for the money they rock. Now if you look at it like what subs will handle 750 RMS at that price they are a great deal. And as with any good sub its only as good as the enclosure and install.
If I were you I would just read on sub enclosures and how to get the most out of what ever you choose . Be carefull you can have a great product and get only half or worseof its potential from things such as bass cancelation,placement, and a poor unsealed enclosure. If you like bass listen to rapp you will be happy with the L7's I havent had a customer yet that wasn't.
Oh And nothing personal Jordan I just like my L7's alot. Good Luck,Tim

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 497
I second what Jordan said.

"L7" and "sounds great" don't belong in the same sentence

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 1023
Anyone that says an L7 sounds great, hasnt heard many subs. Now if you mean it sounds great by how loud they get then yeah they "sound great".

And your an electrical engineer and dont know, that with all the power your running, that you NEED an H/O alt???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us