Loud Midrange bass 10\12?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1080
Im getting a pair of dd9515's on 2 earthquake phd5000d's and i want some loud midbass drivers to add after should i put in 3 12's or 2 10's? what are bettter for the mid bass? I want them to still get sorta loud between 45-200hz thats the only signals i will really be sending them.. and the 9515's will be taking 1-55hz or maybe a little more..depending on how it sounds with the box\tuning..(going really low tuning prolly) The amps i will be using for the midrange bass subs are (3)JBL BP1200.1's i want to run them at either 2 or 4 ohms... what are the best subs..and size?Would it be better in sealed? 10's or 12's? 3 of each... im not trying to go over 600$ on the 3 subs

BP1200.1 Specs
1200rms~@2ohm (underrated)
750rms~@4ohm (pretty sure its 750rms)

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2702
id say dayton or sum boston acoustics

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3577
seems overkill. some tangbands or mpyre 65Xs should be plenty. do you really want your 150-200hz to be that loud?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1081
I want ALL LOW freqs. to be heard easyily and loudly.. i kno im not getting all of the freqs. loud but i still want to feel every note as much as possible off either 750rms@4ohm or 1200rms@2ohm per sub, in a way i sorta want to have it sorta like a mix between SPL and SQ so more of a SQL setup when im done, not missing any notes..maybe a little muddy subs..not sure yet never seen the performance of the 9515's but i think i should be happy. The 9515's ar emore of my SPL and the midrages more for the SQ so they can be heard easier. (rather then using the 9515's taking the higher signals.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 145
So, can you get a 12" or 15" for freqs like 50 and under, 8" to handle 50-100, and have your components 100 and up (I am just throwing frequencies out there, not sure what would sound good). I guess what I am asking is if your head unit and amps are capable of filtering out the frequencies like that, sending each note to a differnent speaker (assuming they are different freq)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us