Weird noise

Username: Colem

Post Number: 1
Well lets start off saying i hope this site can help me, i have a 95 honda accord coupe. Now onto my system i have a kicker l7 06 model in a sealed box power aucoustik amp that has an rms or 880 and a peak of 1400 or something. Power aucoustik 6 farad cap and 0 guage stinger wire running it all togehter, my sub itself doesnt have that crisp hit and go away sound more of a rubbing sound or a fizzy sound, its been tuned profesionally but it might have got messed up not sure any ideas would be great thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 66
Next time you are around your vehicle, push on the sub lightly. If you can hear or feel a scatching sound, the sub is blown. If the sub doesnt move at all then it is def. blown. If you have a ported enclosure, smell the port, if there is a burnt electronics smell, your sub is blown.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info, however the sub isnt blown it was just outa the box 15 minutes ago, it was allowed 2 weeks to break in and a professional installed it. Its not really a issue of it being blown it hits really hard its just not crisp its more of a hit and linger sound not hit and go away. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 88
A friend of mine has the same problem on his 05 L7 pushed by a Hifonics amp. He let his brother borrow his car for a night and his brother turned the gain up pretty high and now it does that. He took it to a shop and they said although it still works and produces sound, it is blown.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
O yea forgot to add this....might change somethin...it sounds good when the volume is all the way up, but when the volume is down, there is a faint buzzing noise. Maybe you cant hear the buzzing when the volume is up but idk...

Post Number: 3
Hmm, luckily a L7 isnt that much money, but i really dont wana buy a new one till i know, if i even want a system that is. It sounds kinda shitty id just rather not play it to be honest. I havent even "bumped" my system so i kinda doubt its blown when you smell the back of the sub should it smell at all or no?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 67
Well its a L7. Not exactly a crisp sounding sub. Also, an amp with a bad dampening factor will give the sub a sloppy sound. Ported boxes can also sound boomy depending on the boxes design/tunning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
start fresh man...youll love new subs. Don't port it and slightly overpower your sub, and dont get L5s or L7s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us