CRITICAL MASS Audio .....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10462
http://www.criticalmassaudio.com/subwoofers/UL12.html

been looking @ these & finding hard to believe how small the magnet size is & how lightweight overall they are

- but i guess if its the latest technology & those new small neodynium powerfull magnets anything is possible - right !? .......

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 349
Yeah, CA&E raved about it when they did the review. I can't find anybody that deals them. I want to hear one.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 58
They must know what they are doinin if they plan on makin electrostats.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4060
Its $1900 retail.

:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 59
Its a rather efficient driver at 96.7db with the coils in parallel.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2521
I personally doubt that sub.
CM has been advertising HUGE in CA&E for quite some time. NO raw transducer should cost more than 400.00 imo...much less 2gs. And with that neodymium magnet, I find it incredibly difficult to believe the reported/suggested rms.

As for their electrostats, they already make them. Not certain if they were promos or not,
but i've seen a CA install with them.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 699
the ad in CA&E says, "tested the sub in an SPL enclosure and got it to hit 154db." it weighs less than 17 pounds...

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 884
hey, if busta rhymes, ludacris, shaq, snoop dogg, tito ortiz, and wayne brady have critical mass audio, it must be incredible

haven't you heard one marshall?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9870
i am also skeptical about this sub. i am just not seeing it being a superwoofer. and all of the celebrity endorsements can justify the cost to them apparently.

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga CANT WAIT... Usa

Post Number: 159
if i was to pay that much for a sub, it better EXPLODE my head when i played it. or atleast kill stuff around me :-) lolz. nah i think its WAY over priced. but until i hear it, cant really judge..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10474
i wanna know y does this sub have to cost as much as 2 / 3 / 4 times other gr8 brands that r just as powerful .....

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4130
the neo magnets, are prob the main reason for the cost of the sub... it uses the newest neodymium motor materials! it also seems to have a good cooling system also.

I really wouldn't doubt this sub, but just give me a regular dd, apxx, or treo... :-)

Ive messed with some neo motor components, with a mag that was prob the size of a quarter, and those components got just as loud as regular sets... but was doubled the price... and this was a old neodymium technology... (2k3) so they are prob alot stronger in 2k7 now..

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9887
most people will take a little less functionality for a little less cost.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us