18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 842
got it in today

so uh... i'll be a Upload and ask what goes where? lol

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 844
so i figured red is power, blue is REM, black is ground, yellow for fuses, and the s-video like cord is pretty obvious. however i still don't know how to do this lol. it seems both pieces would be connected near the HU, but the one must go by the amp obviously...

so yeah, help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 896
Well...since you don't know how to use it,can you sell it to me so I can hook it up? ^_^ I was going to buy it too :-(

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3528
on HU's red isnt power (not that I've seen) yellow is power and yes black is gorund. red is the ACC or ignition. this tells your HU to turn on, but it always has power form the yellow wire. the remote turn on is usually blue and white and you really dont need any other wires lol.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 897
He isn't hooking up a HU Trevor.He's hooking up a volt meter,at least I think he's hooking up a volt meter...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3535
oh lol

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 864
Trevor, its not a HU, i bought this voltage gauge...

http://ww w.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7778&b=1&st=&p=&#entry

just take the space out...

Rob, i got lucky getting this lol. thought BernyMac was gonna snag it. ive wanted one for so long...

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 879
bump

anyone else have some knowledge on this?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 550
Red constant...goes to steady power.

Blue...dam....i forgot to send you a relay for running all your amp remotes and that together, but it IS just a remote.

Blacks.....just grounds.

Yellows. One from each amp power.

Ill look for the paper owrk tonight.

When in doubt....grounds first, always.

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 882
hmm... il pay for ship on the relay if you wanna send it... and if you can send the manual or w/e with it that would be awesome

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 886
bump

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 887
bump again

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 891
bump... again...

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 553
Upload

The best are any 30amp bosch relay.

http://www.waytekwire.com/bosch-automotive-relays.htm

Cheaer to buy one locally than have me expedite. If you still need one, i can. I no longer have the wiring directions. What i already stated will suffice. Grounds were the only questions.....but they are only grounds. As long as you dont disconnect them and leave powers connected there is little chance to err.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 554
The relay is just a "junction box" of sorts i use for remotes on amps.....they also kill turn on pop.

Not absolutely necessary in this case, just a decent idea.

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 892
ok, so i gotta put a yellow along with my power wire into my amp, and get a hard wire for the red which i'll have to run a line in back for (right?)

so my question lies with the remote wire. its necessary right? if so how would i connect this since my line from my HU is taken by my amp? a splitter? or is it the relay that solves the problem...

sorry for all the questions man i just like to make sure what i'm doing is right, because i tend to f*ck things up on my own lol

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 893
i also just kinda found out the face plate for it doesn't fit my dash. it supposedly came with more, so any chance you have those layin around?

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 557
Just so were straight. I bought AND used it just like you see it. I never metioned that the manual, relay, original box, wtfe assorted pieces it came with originally would be there, or that i would do/instruct anything beyond just plain selling the thing for 30 bucks.

Ive told you how to wire it. Do it or dont.

You can catch constant before the distro fuse in the rear. The yellows go after.

When testing, i just jumpered the remote to the remote turn on for the amp. You can also use the antenna lead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us