Need HU Suggestions!

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 12
Budget around 200 or so. Just looking for a decent HU for my audio needs ;-) but upwards of $300 if its worth it isn't out of the question either..

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 372
My suggestions:
(click links for details)
Pioneer Premier DEH-P680mp
Pioneer Premier DEH-P580mp
Alpine CDA-9857
Alpine CDA-9820XM
Clarion DXZ655mp
Clarion DXZ765mp
Eclipse CD3000
Eclipse CD4000
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X890

There are plenty of options and it's going to come down to what else you need/want the deck to do for you. Most of these are between $200 and $300 and that's really where you want to be price wise for a decent deck. It's also important to make sure you get out and try as many as you can to get feel for the interface since that also has a lot to do with your decision and is often (inexplicably) overlooked, especially with so many people now buying online. If you're willing to go used you might have even more options but Woofers etc has pretty low prices so that's why I used them to give you an idea.

Of these, if you're looking for personal reccomendations, I'd probably go with the Pioneer 680mp if I had to stick in that price range. In all honesty though, I'd probably try to save up a bit more money and go with the DEH-P780mp if it were up to me. I've had nothing but good luck with Pioneer and the 780mp is a great deck. Like I said though, there are a lot of little things to considder and one of the other decks might be a better fit for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 14
Wow, thanks a ton for the suggestions..they all look really nice. The 780 does look quite eye-catching though =)

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 336
the 780 is a great HU....LOTS of sound enhancing options

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 146
try sony, jvc

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1231
jvc mabe but i would take eclipse pioneer or clarion hands down any day before sony i know there head units are better then there subs but still my preference stands
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us