Lacking in the 70-150hz range need help

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1208
well i have no midbass in my car at all...n if i x over the fronts to under 50hz the get muddy an distorted an take all my current away my Hu will start flashing....so i was thinkin this

i have infinity kappa perfect 10 (needs recone) but i wanted to put a sub upfront anyway....

so y not that sub....then it prolly wont be a problem getting those freq.

right now i have no were to put speakers....i have 2 5 1/4 under my dash hanging from sum plastic cutouts....

I REFUSE TO CUT MY DOORS....or do anything to them so under tha dash or the kick is where im going to put speakers....but my subs just wont play loud over 70 hz at all

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9397
you don't want your subs to play loud over 70hz.

let me ask you something. is the plastic cutout just the ring or is it enclosed? cause if its not enclosed you are not gonna get decent mid sound from your speaker and that could be the reason why you think your car has no mid bass.

if it is enclosed then my advice to you is get some better speakers. my subs are crossed at 60hz and my car has no problem with mid bass.

like i said above, you want your subs to play strong at lower frequencies. i love the sound of 30-40hz bass.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1209
weell yep thats it its just a free air cutout...it sucks bad...LOL...chad get on AIM im @ home now LOL.... but i would like tha 80 hz tones like my comp subwoofer picks up 80HZ sucks all day in my car... n most songs i listen to have sparatic bass sweeps....n it wont pick up till it hits low

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9401
sorry man my boss came early today. damn.

but yeah do something about that free air. you can't get your sub to be playing that high. it will sound terrible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us