Home theater speaker set for about 1K-1.3K

Username: Sguire

Post Number: 1
I've been trying out some speakers lately and am trying to decide between Def Tech SM350s and comparable from Paradigm (I think they are monitor series). What I KNOW I don't like is smaller speakers like mirage, and I don't have room and budget for towers. The Def Techs really sounded nice to me. Anything else I should be considering?

This will be for a home theater setup. Probably 90% movies/TV/xbox; 10% music. The room is pretty big, a carpeted L shaped room about 18x25, though the main TV watching area is smaller. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V757.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2816
iv heard the paradigm monitors are pretty nice dont know about the def techs but if you really like them then get them.

check out this site http://zaphaudio.com/ alot of good speakers tests

Username: Sguire

Post Number: 4
I just tried a few others I liked.

Kef 3500 (the eggs) and NHT zeros. unforunately, they're all at different stores so I can't compare them side by side.

thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 189
The SM350's are killer, especially if you add in the matching sub. You might want to throw the Athena AS-B2.2 into the mix here too. I have five Athena (same company as Mirage, Energy) speakers and I love the sound of them. You will be stunned how much ultra-clear output the 2.2's can produce. For the money, nobody currently beats Athena IMO. Read up on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us